Damaged Tubes kill eggs??

I read a post last week where a young women (24 I think) had both of her damaged tubes removed because she was told the damage produces a fluid that kills eggs.  Anyone else heard this?  I have a tube that was partially removed due to a cyst and am consider going to IVF.  Wondering if I need to have that tube completely removed before IVF?
Best Answer
it's called Hydrosalpinx if you want to google it.
Prior to doing IVF you will have to have a test called HSG (hysterosalpingogram)  that will determine if you have issues.  Good Luck to you.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi I am 47 and had tubes removed and left ovary  removed toddy at Duke! My stomach area very sore and getting larger by the day..,kills to get out of bed. Does anyone have tips? I have pain meds - but still in Pain- should I put should On ice!? Heating pad? How do you get out if bed? How long will this be?
Helpful - 0
Hi! i also had hydrosalpinx which is fluid buildup in tubes. my RE repaired structural damage through a procedure called Laparoscopy surgery. you can save tubes and still get pg hope this helps good luck!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community