Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community

Depo provera

Hey i was on depo provera from april until september of last year in which time my periods stopped. I had my last injection september seven months ago as me and my partner decided we'd get my periods back and try for a baby after our holiday next month. We already have a 18month old son. Ive still not had my periods back but the past few days ive been sufferering from sore hard breasts. I did a pregnancy test yesterday but it was negative. What could be causing it?
Depo-Provera is a long-acting progestin (hormone) form of birth control. If you stop getting Depo-Provera injections, your period usually returns within 3 to 10 months but sometimes it may take 12-18 mths.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.