Aa
A
A
A
Close
Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community
23.4k Members

Dermoid Cyst while Trying to Conceive...Should I have the surgery to remove it?

This week I found out I have a 3.5 cm dermoid cyst on my right ovary. They said that we can do surgery laparascopically to remove it, but they may have to take the entire ovary. I'm worried that this will hurt our chances of conceiving. My husband and I want a baby as soon as possible and I worry the surgery will stress out my body and throw off my cycles or that I will have trouble ovulating...not to mention the fact that I would be losing all the eggs in my right ovary if they take it.....I already have irregular periods, they confirmed with a blood test that I do not have PCOS, but I just want a baby so badly.

What would you do? The doctor says that my chances of conceiving are the same with just one ovary but they also said that the dermoid cyst is not affecting my fertility at all....it just may grow and cause complications later.

Should I have the surgery and hope all ends well and then start trying without this looming over me? Or should we just keep trying for a baby and deal with the cyst either if it grows or after I've had a child?
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Trying to Conceive Answerers
5875562 tn?1410902486
miami, FL
4769306 tn?1568493809
NC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Many couples are turning to acupuncture to treat infertility. But does it work? We take a closer look.
Does exercise really lower fertility? We take a look at 8 common myths about fertility.
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.
Is your biological clock sounding the alarm? Dr. Elaine Brown explains new advances in egg freezing.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.