Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community

Elevated White Blood Cell Count in Semen Analysis

So my wife and I are trying to get pregnant but have had no luck so far.  We are seeing a fertility specialist who ordered a semen analysis and blood work done on me.

Blood work came back negative for HIV, gonorrhea, chlamydia and positive for Hep B (because I'm vaccinated against it).

During the analysis of my semen however, it was found my white blood cell count was elevated (or high, can't remember exactly what word was used).  He then ordered me to take 10 days of doxycycline.

My questions are:  
                            If I'm 'clean', why would I need to take the stuff?
                            What would cause a white blood cell increase if I'm 'clean'?
                            Should I consult my Primary Care Physician about the increase?
                            If this was found in my semen, would it be all over as well?