Aa
A
A
A
Close
Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community
23.4k Members

Four follicles...do I have an IUI

Hi.  I have four follicles after taking Follistim for 8 days.  Now DH and I are trying to decide whether to do an IUI or just BD at home.  The idea of triplets really scares me, so that makes me not want to have an IUI.  But, if we BD at home and don't get pregnant, I'll be devastated and wished I'd gone with the IUI!!!  What would you do?
3 Responses
WEll from what I know about it...the chances of all THREE of those implanting is very very low.  You do have a chance of twins though.  But bding isn't a bad idea either.  The way I figure, though, is if the spermies are reaching "up there" and if there is a chance for 3 then there is just as much chance with iui.  The question you have to ask yourself is if you would rather have triplets or not get prego this month.  I personally would rather take on the stress of triplets (which the chances aren't that high).  But your dr. should be able to tell you your chances.
Well if it was me I would go with the IUI.  You have a better chance than BD.  I would not worry that much about the being on injections.  I am on Clomid & Foliistem and have IUI done monthly.  If having a baby is something that you and your DH want I say go for the IUI.

Keep you in prayers!!!!

Lots of Baby Dust~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
178698 tn?1228777938
Do IUI, you won't be questioning yourself if everything doesn't work.  You know you did the best.
Have an Answer?
Top Trying to Conceive Answerers
5875562 tn?1410902486
miami, FL
4769306 tn?1568493809
NC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Many couples are turning to acupuncture to treat infertility. But does it work? We take a closer look.
Does exercise really lower fertility? We take a look at 8 common myths about fertility.
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.
Is your biological clock sounding the alarm? Dr. Elaine Brown explains new advances in egg freezing.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.