Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community

Getting a period and concieving after extreem weight loss

I started training for a Marathon (which I completed last year) about two years ago now.  I have IBS, but my problem is never constipation it is diarrhea.  Due to excessive trainig and my poor ability or lack there of to digest food I lost a lot of weight.  I am 5'3 and was down to 84lbs at one point.  I have been trying to gain weight back and now am at about 102lbs.  I stopped getting my period about a year ago now, have tried progesterone twice without any luck.  I would really like to be able to concieve.  What are my chances and what options do I have?

Congratulations on your marathon!  I will run my 4th in April.  I do not have the issues you have had with weight loss and digestion problems, and have always had regular periods even during peak training times.  However, some women have amenorrhea, I believe, from having too little body fat.  So, it may be that even if you are now putting weight back on, you still don't have the body fat.  Muscle is heavier than fat, so you may be weighing more, but still not have enough boy fat to menstruate.  
I discussed my running with my RE, and he said that running is not a problem with conceiving or even with pregnancy unless you are getting into really high weekly mileages, like 50+ miles per week.
You may want to get your body fat tested, and also see your doctor to find out what's going on.
hope that helps