HOW DO I KNOW WHEN

Well me and my husband has been trying to get pregnant for quite some time now and we still haven't conceived yet I'm not sure when I am ovulating how do I know when I am ovulating and do I only ovulate for a certain amount of time on the day that I do ovulate please how this is important to our family.....
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
go to my med help then trackers look for ovulation tracker and add it  or... u can also look to the right on this page and it will say most popular trackers. go under that and u can click on the tracker u want and add it.
Helpful - 0
i will try to remember how to add the tracker and then let u know.
Helpful - 0
Okay so I've googled the cervical mucus and I totally understand That part I believe I have already missed my mucus I remember spotting it in my bottoms I never really knew that had much to do with getting pregnant until today I'm so happy that you guys are kind enough to help me out thank you
Helpful - 0
how do i add the tracker and im going too google it as well
Helpful - 0
Most people ovulate 14 day before they're next expected period. You really need to know ur cycles and OPKs help a lot to let you know when your getting ready to ovulate. I just started using them this cycle and got two days of positive!! Good luck!!
Helpful - 0
usally u ovulate in the middle of your cycle. the  first day of your period ( af) is considered cycle day 1 ( cd1). Most girls Ovulate between cd 10-20. it depend upon the length of your cycle.  u can add a tracker on here.  get u a thermometer for bbt( basical body temp.)  it should be digital and  give u to the tenth of a degree.  ex97.5 some even do 97.52.  if it jumps by .4 then u have oed( ovulated) u can also track your cervical mucus ( cm)  U can look this up on google and if u dont understand how to do it i will walk u through it.    If u need help with terms just let me know. BD is baby dance = sex.

Gl= good luck
Helpful - 0
Sorry to bother you once again but I just need to be sure do you ovulate before or after your period?
Helpful - 0
thank you so much ill be sure to try the opks ill be sure to ask more questions
Helpful - 0
And as long as you have intercourse every day during your fertile window (2 days before and 2 days after your expected ovulation), it shouldnt matter, which part of the day or night ovulation occurs, since the sperms have the ability to survive for a period as short as 24 hrs and as long as 5 days inside the female reproductive tract when fertile. Just make sure, those lil ones are always there :)
Hope that clears your doubt.
Helpful - 0
When exactly you ovulate depends on the length of your cycle and the luteal phase.
If yours is a 30 day cycle, you would probably ovulate on day 16 (30-14) & if it is a 28 day cycle,  your ovulation may occur on day 14 (again 28-14). The best way to know your ovulation day is through OPKs (ovulation predictor kit). I wouldnt recommend digital ones. I use OPK called OvuQuick onestep... it is pretty accurate and has worked for me quite well. If you cant find it in stores, you would most definitely be able to get it at any fertility clinic's pharmacy. Just check it out.
And yes, the key to conception is "timing" because ovulatuon lasts for only 12 hours after which the released egg dissolves in the uterine lining. Fertilization must occur within this period. Opks are the best source of predicting ovulation day.
Having sexual intercourse every other day and daily (from 2 days prior to expected ovulation to 2 days after ovulation) increases your chances of getting pregnant by far.
The kit will have all the information on how and when to use it, but remember one thing for sure..that is, as soon as you get a positive on opk, KNOW you will be ovulating within the next 12 to 24 hrs and once you get a positive, dont even care to check again.
Any concerns or queries,  feel free to ask.
Good Luck ! :)
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community