Aa
A
A
A
Close
Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community
23.3k Members
202615 tn?1271373104

Has anyone had a IVF 3 day transfer and became pregnant?

I just had a 3 day transfer yesterday and I heard that it is better to do a transfer on day 5.  My questions is has anyone had a 3 day transfer and became pregnant.  Also, when does implantation take place during a three day transfer.
351 Responses
393893 tn?1283554830
Hi, I have heard of many women getting pregnant after a 3 day transfer.  There is a gal on here that had a 3 day transfer and was told not to get her hopes up because it more than likely would not take.  She has a beautiful baby girl now!!  I am not sure about implantation.  Congratulations on your transfer, I hope that little bean sticks!
202615 tn?1271373104
Thanks.
I got BFP on 10dp3t on second IVF, and 11dp3t on third one.  Both beta confirm on 12dp3t.
Best wish.
I, also did a day 3 transfer one week ago, today. So, I'm 7 days post transfer. Like an idiot, I did a pregnancy test yesterday and it was negative. Now, I'm not so hopeful . . . I'm tempted to keep taking one until Thursday when my blood test is scheduled. Do I have hope or should I be prepared for going through this again?

I think implantation can happen at any time but, from what I've read, it typically happens 6-10 days after retrieval. I was almost certain I felt it on my post retrieval day 7, but now that I am most likely not pregnant, it must have been something else.
294043 tn?1354211546
I had a day 3 transfer and a bfp.  On day 5 they can be more selective but on day 3 the # of embryos transferred is typically higher so your odds a similar.
Good luck!
202615 tn?1271373104
Thanks for that information it really helped.  Are you pregnant now?  How did you feel 2-3 days after you transfer>
Have an Answer?
Top Trying to Conceive Answerers
5875562 tn?1410902486
miami, FL
4769306 tn?1568493809
NC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Many couples are turning to acupuncture to treat infertility. But does it work? We take a closer look.
Does exercise really lower fertility? We take a look at 8 common myths about fertility.
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.
Is your biological clock sounding the alarm? Dr. Elaine Brown explains new advances in egg freezing.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.