Aa
A
A
A
Close
Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community
23.3k Members

How soon can they see a Fetus in an Ultrasound?

Hi Everyone, My dh and I have been TTC for about 5 months now. In the past I have had alot of Ovarian Cysts that just dont rupture. This past week I got my very first Urinary Tract Infection(painful!!) I was also scheduled for a US because I have not have a period since Nov 22. I took HTP and Neg..they did a blood test in Jan and Neg. But I was wodering if I was 2-4 weeks pg, could they see that on an US? My doc has just now precribed Provera but Im still not certain that I did not concieve this past month. I show too many signs of early pg.
13 Responses
a gestational sac should be visible at around 5 weeks and a fetal pole visible around 6 weeks.

162279 tn?1270604959
I had an ultrasound at 5 weeks 6 days and all that was seen was a gestational sac, nothing else.
I went in at 8 weeks exactly and everything was there just as it should be.
So don't expect to see much--and don't worry if things aren't seen. It's perfectly normal.
sO SHOULD i WAIT TO TAKE THE PROVERA...BECAUSE I DONT WANT MY PERIOD TO START IF I AM PG.

I HAVE ALSO NEVER HAD A UTI BEFORE. IS IT COMMON TO GET A UTI IN EARLY STAGES OF PG?
have you taken a blood test to see you if have a + hcg count?
have you taken a blood test to see you if have a + hcg count at this time?
My last blood HcG Test was the beginning of January.  At that time it was below 4.  I have not taken another blood count as of yet.
Have an Answer?
Top Trying to Conceive Answerers
5875562 tn?1410902486
miami, FL
4769306 tn?1568493809
NC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Many couples are turning to acupuncture to treat infertility. But does it work? We take a closer look.
Does exercise really lower fertility? We take a look at 8 common myths about fertility.
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.
Is your biological clock sounding the alarm? Dr. Elaine Brown explains new advances in egg freezing.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.