I have just been told I have pcos and Im overweight

What I want to know is has anyone became preg while they were still over weight? I have been losing the weight very fast me and my boyfriend have been together for years with no birth controls and unprotected so I wanted to know what was going on so I went to the doctor.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have been eating better and exercising and the weight has been coming off and my menstrual cycle has became normal. I'm going to take a pg test on Sunday and begin my birth control pills. Thanks for you help and I will keep you posted.
Helpful - 0
Poly cystic ovarian syndrome can be treated in different ways. One of the most effective treatments is use of contraceptive pills or progesterone pills. It can also be treated surgically and this procedure is known as drilling. Try losing weight as it helps a lot to normalize menstruation. Try conceiving between 8-21 days of your cycle as it is fertile period. You may also try a pelvic laparoscopy to treat anovualtion if you don`t ovulate.

I hope it helps. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community