Aa
A
A
A
Close
Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community
23.4k Members

I noticed that I had milky colored discharge out of my breast...

I noticed yesterday that I had a milky colored discharge and I can keep it coming out until my breast is smaller than it normally is and then in about a half hour to hourish its back to the size it was before and able to squeeze more of this out. does anyone know what I can do to figure out what this is. Cause the only thing that I can think of is that I might be pregnant and if thats the case then why wouldn't of I been able to know that when I took a pregnancy test yesterday.
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
HI,
You are right. The first thing that needs to be done is to rule out a pregnancy. A pregnancy test may give a false result if it is taken too early. Hence repeat the test after 8 days or better still go in for serum beta HCG levels for confirmation of a pregnancy. Another cause can be hormonal changes like hyper-prolactinemia. Further evaluation will be necessary. Consult a gynaecologist for an evaluation.
Hope this helps.
Have an Answer?
Top Trying to Conceive Answerers
5875562 tn?1410898886
miami, FL
4769306 tn?1568490209
NC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Many couples are turning to acupuncture to treat infertility. But does it work? We take a closer look.
Does exercise really lower fertility? We take a look at 8 common myths about fertility.
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.
Is your biological clock sounding the alarm? Dr. Elaine Brown explains new advances in egg freezing.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.