IVF Success Stories

How many IVF cycles before you got your BFP?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I was lucky on my first cycle ;-)

...but I also know lots of women on here who succeeded on their second, third and fourth cycle!
Helpful - 0
I was also lucky on my first cycle last year. Hopefully this cycle I am about to start will work first go too.

Helpful - 0
Were both of you able to carry your babies to full term the first time? Oh, that gives me hope! I am pregnant now, 6 wks today actually, and this is my first IVF cycle, so I'm hoping it will be ok for the next 9 months. I've been reading about so many women who have miscarriages (I too have had one in the past), but the percentage of pregnancy that ends in miscarriage is like 15-30% which seems so high...
Helpful - 0
I also got my BFP on my first try of IVF.  I'm now almost 16 weeks pregnant with twins! Best of luck to you!
Helpful - 0
Oh, congratulations to you too! How exciting, twins, yay!

Did they have you on Progesterone shots in the earlier weeks of pregnancy? Just curious because I am on those now, they are injected in my low back/upper butt area (nice, eh?) in the muscle and the other night, my husband gave me the injection and it seems like medicine never absorbed. There's still kind of a hard ball spot where he injected it. Just wondered if you'd ever had that happen before...these injections are really starting to get old!

Are you having any pregnancy symptoms? What do you feel? When did you start feeling things? And did you have any cramping/pulling in the beginning stages? Sorry so many questions but am so excited to hear these success stories :-)
Helpful - 0
I was also lucky to get a BFP on the first try.  I'm almost 27 weeks with our little boy!

happilymarried1 - Congratulations!  Just stay positive and take it easy.  Slow down and let that baby start to grow!  Unfortunatley there is a high rate of miscarrigae but there is a much higher rate of success so stay focused on that.

Good luck!
Helpful - 0
It's so good to hear your positive stories.  I am on my 1st IVF cycle now and want it to work.  I feel this is my last hope
Helpful - 0
I was BFP on first cycle but miscarried at about 6wks. I wil try again soon and hopefully it sticks this time!
Helpful - 0
I had bfp on my first IVF, but ended as chemical pregnancy. Got bfn with FET.  And just finished my 2nd IVF, I did blastocyst transfer this time, and got my BFP!!  I will be 6 weeks tomorrow and everything is still looking great. Good luck!
Helpful - 0
Thanks for all of your replies.  I am 8dpt and have been bleeding on and off for the past two days despite being on prometrium and estrace.  DH says to stay positive until my beta on Thursday or the RE office calls back and tells me otherwise.  So that is what I am trying to do.  I know that God is good and He will answer my prayers!
Helpful - 0
I just wanted to let you all know that I had my first follow-up app't with the doctor last Friday. He did an ultrasound and found there are two babies in there! And they both have heartbeats already! I am now almost 7 weeks and just trying to stay positive. He did say that when you have a heartbeat already the chance for miscarriage goes down to about 5% so that is wonderful news! And on the first IVF cycle too ~ I can't believe it but feel so so so blessed...

Am keeping positive thoughts for all of you trying the same thing. Much luck to you all!
Helpful - 0
Congratulations!  I am so happy for you.  
Helpful - 0
Congratulations!  What a blessing!  (blessings:)
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community