Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community

I'm taking progesterone for missed period i need answers...

I haven't had my period in years so I went to the doctor she did a pap test and then she told me she would give me medroxyprogesterone which is a generic brand. She told me that I should use protection with my b/f  in case I get pregnant while taking these for only 10 days. Now my question is... I haven't had my period and she didn't give me any tests to see if i'm ovulating so how could I possibly get pregnant? She said if these pills don't make me have my period within 3 days after taking these pills for 10 days she will try something else. Anyone have answers for me?
I'd stick to your doctors protocal.  Call them if you have questions in regard to ovulation.  I think the possibility that you may ovulate on the progesterone is very real and then you will get your period 2 weeks after ovulating.  During your ovulation time you can pregnant.  That is how it typically goes.  I'd use protection if you do not want to get pregnant regardless.