Aa
A
A
A
Close
Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community
23.3k Members

I'm taking progesterone for missed period i need answers...

Hi,
I haven't had my period in years so I went to the doctor she did a pap test and then she told me she would give me medroxyprogesterone which is a generic brand. She told me that I should use protection with my b/f  in case I get pregnant while taking these for only 10 days. Now my question is... I haven't had my period and she didn't give me any tests to see if i'm ovulating so how could I possibly get pregnant? She said if these pills don't make me have my period within 3 days after taking these pills for 10 days she will try something else. Anyone have answers for me?
1 Responses
205230 tn?1237408793
I'd stick to your doctors protocal.  Call them if you have questions in regard to ovulation.  I think the possibility that you may ovulate on the progesterone is very real and then you will get your period 2 weeks after ovulating.  During your ovulation time you can pregnant.  That is how it typically goes.  I'd use protection if you do not want to get pregnant regardless.
Have an Answer?
Top Trying to Conceive Answerers
5875562 tn?1410902486
miami, FL
4769306 tn?1565997037
NC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Many couples are turning to acupuncture to treat infertility. But does it work? We take a closer look.
Does exercise really lower fertility? We take a look at 8 common myths about fertility.
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.
Is your biological clock sounding the alarm? Dr. Elaine Brown explains new advances in egg freezing.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.