Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community

Insurance Frustration

So my husband and I were all set to start IVF after 3 failed IUI's.  Originally when I called my insurance company they said it was covered and we were all set.  After my doctor prescribed the initial injectable medications I find out that they're not covered.  I've already been looking into the private pay cost (over $1000 for one injectable) but we were really hoping to get started in March with our first IVF. Anyone else have insurance frustrations?
Heck yes! How about my generic insurance covers the meds, but not the blood work, ultra sounds, egg retrieval, or embryo transfer!