Aa
A
A
A
Close
Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community
23.4k Members
1492541 tn?1293727142

Is a 3rd cycle of IUI really worth shooting for?

Husband with low morphology (2%) and somewhat low sperm count after wash (8mil) and a wife with elevated FSH levels (11) is IUI even realistic for us? We are on our 2nd  IUI cycle and BFN on both.  I was on 100mg of Clomid both times and did the ovidrel injection this last cycle.
1 Responses
I would go straight to IVF if your FSH is elevated. I wish I had skipped my third iui and gone to IVF. My FSH jumped from 8.9 to 11.7 in two months and my astral follicle count went from 14 to 9 in two months (and then to 7 two months after that). If anyone had told me things could change so suddenly, I would've skipped the last iui and jumped to IVF.
Good luck !
Have an Answer?
Top Trying to Conceive Answerers
5875562 tn?1410898886
miami, FL
4769306 tn?1568490209
NC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Many couples are turning to acupuncture to treat infertility. But does it work? We take a closer look.
Does exercise really lower fertility? We take a look at 8 common myths about fertility.
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.
Is your biological clock sounding the alarm? Dr. Elaine Brown explains new advances in egg freezing.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.