Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community

Is anyone starting IVF in October 2008?

I was looking for others to communicate with during my first IVF cycle.  I will begin Lupron on Wednesday October 22.  I went through 4 failed IUI's this summer.  I am 34 years old.  I have a daughter who will turn 3 next month.  She was finally conceived after almost 4 years of ttc and a laparoscopy for me and varicocele repair for my husband.  I have all my medications sitting here waiting for the next month.  Our embryo transfer should occur the week before Thanksgiving so we should know if we're pregnant by Dec. 10.  I am excited and hopeful, but realistic.  I know this procedure only carries a 50% success rate for any given cycle.  Any others out there starting IVF soon?  Add me as a friend and we'll keep in touch!
Depends who you ask.  I was SUPPOSED to be listed as IVF as of 10/7, but somehow the miscommunication in the office doesn't have me properly listed.  

Am about to explode.

Hoping everything gets straightened out.  

I started Lupron & Estrace on 9/17 and stopped on 10/7 - itched like heck, and still have remnants of it I guess in my system.  I started Follistim on 10/7 at 75, but have only produced one follie that is now 19.3.  Today there was alot of confusion in the office as to what was going on, so I sent emails left & right out to the people/doctor to make sure everything is in line correctly.

I still can't believe they lost information on my being IVF this cycle instead of IUI.

Good Luck!!
I have my appointment on 10/24/08 friday to get started on my First IVF cycle. This will be cd 21 for me so i am not sure if i will start meds on friday but i hope it is soon. GOOD LUCK!!!
Hi ladies!  It's good to hear from others going through the same thing.

Tracy, how frustrating!  As if it's not frustrating enough!  Did they give you any sort of schedule?  My place mailed me a schedule with all the dates, even the approximate date of the embryo transfer.  I bet you are about to explode.  I would be too.  You'll have to keep us posted as to what happens next!

Lil-schelle:  Good luck!  My meds are being started cycle day 24, my cycles are about 32-34 days long.  Let me know when you start!  We had to take a class and do bloodwork, STD testing and semen screens before we actually got the prescription.  Have you done all that as well?  

I will certainly be posting my progress on here!  Keep me informed of your progress!  Lots of luck to both of you!
i think we have done all the testing possible and then some.My cycle are 28-30 so maybe i will be starting meds friday i hope so.Good Luck and keep me posted!
Good morning!  I don't have an appointment today due to the confusion on Saturday.  DH is climbing the walls to find out WHEN...I keep telling him I will know when they know.  I would think they would give me some kind of schedule too, but they didn't, and when I asked them for info on IVF they said they didn't have any and don't give any out..??..

I got a response from the insurance nurse I emailed about it all and she said replied with "I forwarded your email to the head of the IVF nurses and the ivf nurses themselves so I hope that helps".  

I hope I don't get into hot water for emailing them and complaining.  What do you think - too harsh:

I'm a little concerned that there is miscommunication in your offices, and since I have been through two other RE's, I would hate to have any more time wasted in my limited TTC journey.

I was switched to IVF on 10/7 and all was confirmed with IVF nurse.  It obviously is not mentioned in my file???

I was in today for BW/US - a nurse called me back with the results (she is a regular nurse and NOT IVF...??..) - Est=179/Proj=.3/LH=4/FSH= 9 - 19.3 follicle

I called back immediately since I missed the call when she left a message.  When I called the front desk back to talk to an IVF nurse, I was told to leave it in the IVF mailbox.  I had a return call from IVF Nurse 3:12pm- She didn't have my chart in front of her, and didn't know what day I was on and said to just "keep on stimming".  I tried to tell her I am not on day 2 but on day 14, and there is an obvious lack of communication in the office.  The nurse who did the ultrasound said it looked like they'll probably be doing the IUI on Monday - I told her I am NOT IUI, but IVF this time around, and she filled in that I was on Lupron, and IVF.  There was no evidence in my file of IVF?????  I came back after receiving the requirements for IVF with my Husband's semen and urine for testing, and have gone through my series of tests ~ all of which the results should be in my file..??..

I have again been told to come in on the 20th for bloodwork.  This is fine, as long as Dr. agrees with the results.  

Is there ANY WAY to confirm everything with Dr., instead of relying on the obvious miscommunication in the offices about my status/procedures????  I don't want to ruffle any feathers, but after going through three IVF clinics, and having this happen, I am a bit upset.

ANY/ALL help you could POSSIBLY provide would be MUCH appreciated.

I hope to get a prompt response to my questions!!"

Nervous ~ TIA!!
I think your email is honest.  I think any woman ttc understands, as should the clinic.  They clearly dropped the ball in your case and we'll hope they have time to pick it back up again and get you going during this cycle.  I would keep calling and ask if they read your email.  You have every right to have two way clear communication.  So you are expecting egg retrieval today, is that right?  And they thought you were having and IUI?  I would be so frustrated and sad and angry all at the same time.  I hope things start looking up.  I will be thinking about you!  I'll check in later today for an update!  Good luck Tracy.  So sorry this is happening.