Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community
I've had the Mirena in for about 3 years, no period *thumbs up*. no weight gain, no hair loss, and no mood swings. I recently begin to experience a foul smell even shortly after taking a bath. I went to my OB/GYN who then told me I had bacteria vaginosis (first time ever), no STD ever. I told my husband and he was like if the Mirena is causing this I need to take it out. The only thing I hate is the foul smell even after sex. I am getting it removed Friday and just getting my tubes tied. We don't want any more kids, during these horrible times anyway.

Any other suggestions  on birth controls?
You could do essure which is where coils are placed in the fallopian tubes and scar tissue forms around them to block the passages.  
Ok I do want to add that I don't know if they are coils or another design but it is a non reversible form of birth control and takes 3 months for it to become effective since the tissue has to form around it