Aa
A
A
A
Close
Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community
23.3k Members
I've had the Mirena in for about 3 years, no period *thumbs up*. no weight gain, no hair loss, and no mood swings. I recently begin to experience a foul smell even shortly after taking a bath. I went to my OB/GYN who then told me I had bacteria vaginosis (first time ever), no STD ever. I told my husband and he was like if the Mirena is causing this I need to take it out. The only thing I hate is the foul smell even after sex. I am getting it removed Friday and just getting my tubes tied. We don't want any more kids, during these horrible times anyway.

Any other suggestions  on birth controls?
2 Responses
You could do essure which is where coils are placed in the fallopian tubes and scar tissue forms around them to block the passages.  
Ok I do want to add that I don't know if they are coils or another design but it is a non reversible form of birth control and takes 3 months for it to become effective since the tissue has to form around it
Have an Answer?
Top Trying to Conceive Answerers
5875562 tn?1410902486
miami, FL
4769306 tn?1568493809
NC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Many couples are turning to acupuncture to treat infertility. But does it work? We take a closer look.
Does exercise really lower fertility? We take a look at 8 common myths about fertility.
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.
Is your biological clock sounding the alarm? Dr. Elaine Brown explains new advances in egg freezing.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.