Aa
A
A
A
Close
Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community
23.4k Members

My Fiance Throughs Off My Ph Balance

My Fiance And I Are Trying To Get Pregnant But Every Time He Cums In Me He Throughs Off My Ph Balance. Does This Mean I Can't Get Pregnant? And As Of Right Now I'm Taking An Antibiotic For My Ph But Everytime It's Clear And We Do It Again It Throughs It Off Again.
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374246539
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
You need to get a swab culture of the vaginal discharge done and get bacterial vaginosis ruled out. The vaginal pH fluctuates between 3.8 to 4.5 levels, slightly acidic. The normal, healthy vagina contains both good and bad bacteria. Normally, the healthy bacteria predominate and they keep the vaginal pH between 3.8 to 4.5 levels. High vaginal pH numbers indicate less acidity, while lower than normal vaginal pH levels indicate high acidity. Changes in PH cause bacteria to overgrow.

Normally, bacteria belonging mostly to the Lactobacillus family live harmlessly in the vagina and produce chemicals that keep the vagina mildly acidic. In bacterial vaginosis, Lactobacillus bacteria are replaced by other types of bacteria that normally are present in smaller concentrations in the vagina.

The exact cause for the change in type of bacteria is still not known, but it is can be due to IUD’s,multiple sex partners or having intercourse with a new partner.

In addition to unpleasant "fishy" vaginal odor, thin white or yellowish discharge from vagina may also be present. Diagnosis can be confirmed after pelvic examination and microscopic examination of the vaginal discharge. Treatment is by metronidazole and clindamycin.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Have an Answer?
Top Trying to Conceive Answerers
5875562 tn?1410898886
miami, FL
4769306 tn?1568490209
NC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Many couples are turning to acupuncture to treat infertility. But does it work? We take a closer look.
Does exercise really lower fertility? We take a look at 8 common myths about fertility.
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.
Is your biological clock sounding the alarm? Dr. Elaine Brown explains new advances in egg freezing.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.