Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community

My Fiance Throughs Off My Ph Balance

My Fiance And I Are Trying To Get Pregnant But Every Time He Cums In Me He Throughs Off My Ph Balance. Does This Mean I Can't Get Pregnant? And As Of Right Now I'm Taking An Antibiotic For My Ph But Everytime It's Clear And We Do It Again It Throughs It Off Again.
You need to get a swab culture of the vaginal discharge done and get bacterial vaginosis ruled out. The vaginal pH fluctuates between 3.8 to 4.5 levels, slightly acidic. The normal, healthy vagina contains both good and bad bacteria. Normally, the healthy bacteria predominate and they keep the vaginal pH between 3.8 to 4.5 levels. High vaginal pH numbers indicate less acidity, while lower than normal vaginal pH levels indicate high acidity. Changes in PH cause bacteria to overgrow.

Normally, bacteria belonging mostly to the Lactobacillus family live harmlessly in the vagina and produce chemicals that keep the vagina mildly acidic. In bacterial vaginosis, Lactobacillus bacteria are replaced by other types of bacteria that normally are present in smaller concentrations in the vagina.

The exact cause for the change in type of bacteria is still not known, but it is can be due to IUD’s,multiple sex partners or having intercourse with a new partner.

In addition to unpleasant "fishy" vaginal odor, thin white or yellowish discharge from vagina may also be present. Diagnosis can be confirmed after pelvic examination and microscopic examination of the vaginal discharge. Treatment is by metronidazole and clindamycin.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.