Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
1340863 tn?1366641084

November 2010 IVF-ers

Today September 23, I had my Beta result for my second IVF, it was negative.  My first IVF worked but then ended in a miscarriage at 6 weeks.  I was really hoping this time worked but it didnt sooooo ...... here I am waiting for this menstrual cycle to finish and waiting for the next one around the end of October to start my 3rd IVF journey and Im looking for friends and November IVF buddies so we can share questions, knowledge and help eachother with the wait during and after this process.  Cant wait to meet you all.

A healthy pregnancy as a Christmas gift sounds GREAT!!!
338 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
766586 tn?1284383198
Hey sisi!
I'm still here and lurking.  I think everyone is getting a little tired, but the enthusiasm is still there.  I made a comment in my journal so check it out for my update.  If anyone wants to read it just 'friend' me.  I hope you are doing well and I agree that you need to have faith, it gets you through this process a lot easier.  

So when do you actually start your next IVF or bc pills?  Do you know when your egg retrieval will be?  Just curious.  

Hope you have a great week and I will keep updating my journal and letting you know.
baby dust to all!!!   :)
Helpful - 0
hello-

Mel4141 - SSBD! Keeping my fingers crossed that you get a BFP.

Sisi - I'm not abandoning the thread. I'm trying not to obsess. This cycle is so long. I'm afraid that if I read and write too often I'll stress myself out even more. And I stress myself out a lot. I'm trying to keep myself busy doing other stuff. Do you know when you start?

I finished bc on Sat. The lupron shots are going okay. The back of my leg is fattier than the side and I learned that if I stick the needle there, it goes in easier. This is good. The places on the sides of my legs I stuck in the needles are bruised - tiny bruises, but I have 3 on the right leg and 2 on the left. I have my baseline u/s and b/w on Friday. I'm nervous. Will the RE cancel or delay the cycle if something is found? What could be bad?

I am going to talk to the RE on Friday about acupuncture. I called and asked for a recommendation and the coordinator called and left a message but I could not understand everything she said - bad connection. I think she said that he doesn't think it helps with egg development but it might help with eggstation. That last word is the one I did not understand. I assume she said something that refers to the egg transfer.

Take care everyone and stay positive!
Helpful - 0
1287560 tn?1272216521
Thank you for your kind thoughts, really anxious, keep thinking I can feel a stitch, period pain, and have pains at top of my legs?, also when I sit down any twinges disappear, dont want to test as so nervous, i'm on day 11 of 2dt, do you think trigger all out? best wishes to you, test day fridayxx lots love melissax
Helpful - 0
766586 tn?1284383198
Hey all, looks like I will join you next month!   My IVF#3 was approved by insurance so that is great news!

I'm starting to get excited again about the process.  It took me a while to get myself pumped for this.  I will start the b/c pills this week once I get AF!  I will go back to doing the antagonist protocol.  My doc assured me that I will get IVF or, at the very least, an IUI.  I don't care, I am just glad to be moving forward.  

I will keep lurking around this board and will put updates in my journal as well.  Good luck to everyone and ******baby dust****** to you!  :)

By the way, I have been taking the following supplements, I read that they help with egg quality:

Co10q
royal jelly/bee pollen (2x per day)
wheatgrass organic powder mixed in water (2x per day)
melatonin
DHEA
vitamin
baby aspirin (every other day)

I started taking all of these about one month ago but just started the Co10q yesterday.  I know you should take these for 3 months before IVF but didn't get that chance.  Hopefully some of this will help. :)
Helpful - 0
1395554 tn?1280395289
Sisi2399: Glad to hear that you are doing well and time passes quickly.

MEL: Not long before you are doing your Beta. I have this feeling that you will get your BFP this time!

Peppypeep: That's great to hear that you are on to your third IVF of IUI too!

Docsaf: You're having your baseline scan this Friday! It is extremely unlikely that your RE will cancel your treatment but I have heard of delays of a few days. Just try to relax and remember that you or they can't speed up things by just wanting it to go faster.

It is great to see that we are quite a few on here who are trying for the third time. This really encourages me.

I am quite busy at the moment which is good as I am not constantly thinking about IVF and everything that goes with it. Having said this I am doing acupuncture 1-2 times a week wich is totally related to IVF... The acupuncturist also makes me drink herbal teas and take some sort of kidney function tablets. I've had tastier things to swollow but here we go. Hope this all helps with the blood flow to increase the chances of implantation. I won't be starting with any meds before the beginning of November with stimulations beginning somewhere between 15th and 20th November.

Hope everyone is doing fine and keep thinkinking positive thoughts. This is our time!
Helpful - 0
1340863 tn?1366641084
Hello everybody!!!!

Im so glad to see you all back in here and so excited to start this ordeal again.  There are a lot of us here going thru our 3rd IVF.  I love #3.  Thats my favorite number and is going to be the number for all of us.

peppypeep - I am so happy your 3rd time was approved and you are on your way, lets do this girl.  I am suppose to get my period around the 23rd, end of the week, beggining of next one.  I start BCP day 2 of my cycle.  Stims around 11/19 and retrieval 8 to 10 days after, so it looks like mid December will be the time I get my BFP.  Thats my plan if everything goes as scheduled.  Good luck with everything and keep me posted.

docsaf - I understand hunny.  I just feel so lonely sometimes, you are the only ones that truly understand my feelings and worries.  Keep being calm and focused on other things, you are lucky to be able to do that.  IVF is my #1 priority right now and my life moves around that.  I wish it would be different but why lie to myself, it is how it is and I have to deal with it the best I can and thats staying in contact with you ladies.  Good luck and remember POSITIVE and FAITH are the words for this cycle.  

MEL - Hows it going? Have you done another hpt? Keep me posted so anxious to hear BFP from you.  You are in my prayers.  Lots of love and blessings going your way.  

Purple - We are so close on schedule, Im so happy for you to be back at this, You are one of the ones on the 3rd times a charm list..... lol Good luck and keep me posted

ALL - Please lets stay together some of us (me) really do need the encoragement sometimes to keep going.  You are my best relaxing theraphy, even maybe far and not knowing any of your personally I feel such a connection with each and everyone of you that is a blessing to know you are all here and we get to do  this together and not alone like other ladies that didnt find this forum.  You are all in my prayers!!!!

We all gonna have a healthy pregnancy for a Christmas gift.  WOW that will be great!!!!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO TO ALL  
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community

Top Trying to Conceive Answerers
5875562 tn?1410898886
miami, FL
4769306 tn?1568490209
NC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Many couples are turning to acupuncture to treat infertility. But does it work? We take a closer look.
Does exercise really lower fertility? We take a look at 8 common myths about fertility.
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.
Is your biological clock sounding the alarm? Dr. Elaine Brown explains new advances in egg freezing.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.