November 2010 IVF-ers

Today September 23, I had my Beta result for my second IVF, it was negative.  My first IVF worked but then ended in a miscarriage at 6 weeks.  I was really hoping this time worked but it didnt sooooo ...... here I am waiting for this menstrual cycle to finish and waiting for the next one around the end of October to start my 3rd IVF journey and Im looking for friends and November IVF buddies so we can share questions, knowledge and help eachother with the wait during and after this process.  Cant wait to meet you all.

A healthy pregnancy as a Christmas gift sounds GREAT!!!
I just wanted to pass by and make sure you all are doing fine and are holding on tight to this dream we share.  Im here counting the days and trying to not stress.  Is already October and our time is going to be here soon, very soon.  Good luck and keep in touch.

Lots of baby dusts your ways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXO
Hello-

Can I join? I am TTCan#2 and just finished my 3rd (failed) iui cycle. I started bc today (CD4) and have a mock transfer scheduled for this Friday. I had an ivf consult beforehand, but I still feel like I don't know exactly what the protocol is. I am supposed to start lupron on 10/11 and then I go in for my baseline u/s on 10/22. Hopefully I will have the egg retrieval the week of 11/8. If anyone has any advice, I'd greatly appreciate it. Did anyone's RE give any advice on "natural" things to try that might help? My RE always says not to stress. Easier said than done.
Welcome to our little group, good luck with this IVF and achiving a BFP and healthy pregnancy.  My RE said nothing more then not to stress, eat healthy, excersice and take it easy, is a waiting game.  I will start my 3rd IVF sometime end of this month, begining of next month.  I have an appointment the 7th to set up protocol.  Since I think
I am a senior on this, please feel free to ask or comunicate any concerns you may have.  Lots of baby dusts going your way and know Im praying for your success
Hello, I have almost finished our 3rd and final ivf cycle, I'm 41 and the last 2 atempts were m/c and a neg at day 11(started bleeding). Anyway have a very strange set of follicles, 16, 17, 17, 21, 14, 10 and a 35!! which probably wont have an egg. Egg collection wed and transfer this friday(8th) then the dreaded 2ww. got to be positive but my dr didnt advise on a 3rd try as I responded poorly before, bad egg quality and production but we had to have one last go. Best wishes to you as you begin again, update as and when(i'm on the october ivf's mainly) lots love melissax
Thanks for the welcome sisi! I will have tons of questions.

I already have a couple of questions. Here is what I know of my protocol so far:

b/c 10/4-10/16
start 10 units lupron on 10/11
10/22 - go in for baseline u/s

I do not know what other meds I will be taking - my insurance co needs to approve the prescriptions. Did you start stimming before the baseline u/s?

A friend would like to go to a play in NYC for her b-day at the beginning of Nov. It won't be a lot of walking, but we will be out and about. Based on the conversation I had with the ivf coordinator yesterday, I expect my egg retrieval to be right before or after the weekend she chose. Is the egg retrieval painful? Will I want to take it easy and recover for a day or 2 after?

Hi first off all i would like to say i am sorry for all of yall's pain and suffering but there is always a light at the end of the tunnel i will keep each and every one of you in my prayers at night for i know this one of life's toughest journies. I have been struggling with infertility for over 2 years i am young at age (24) but for some reason we are diagnosed with unexplained infertility which makes us harder to treat for there is not one real reason. I started BC on 10/1/10 and this will be my first ever IVF cycle i have had 7 months of failed timed intercourse, 2 clomid iui's, and 1 injectable cycle all neg. I really feel like this is my last resort. I am also fairly new to this site and am hoping to make some great cylce buddies best of luck to all.

You are reading content posted in the Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community