OMG - Help, please!

Ok - my hands are shaking as I write this.  BUT - I had a positive digital this morning!  I am 10 DPO...and 11 DPTrigger.  I usually get alot of tests and test until I know that the trigger is out of my system but I didn't this time.  But I had a digital left and thought I would test.

What do you think?  I never thought it was possible....
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I hope it's for real :) The only problem with the digital is that I think they are more sensitive. You should get the ones where you can see the lines, then see if they get darker or lighter. GOOOOD LUUUCCCK.
Helpful - 0
Wow, that is great!  It sounds like the real thing to me!!  I would wait and test tomorrow morning to be sure but I would be cautiously excited!!!  Thge trigger SHOULD be out of yoru system by now!
Helpful - 0
I would think the trigger out of your system by now. :)  It is usually out of the system w/in 10 days.  Congrats I am so happy for you!!
Helpful - 0
I always thought the digitals were harder to get a positive on?  I think I am going to go get some regular ones and look at the darkness of the lines.  I am kinda freaking out - if you can't tell.  This was going to be our last IUI.
Helpful - 0
Congrats!!! Yes, the hcg should be out of your system 10 days later. If you're like me, it sounds like you'll be testing day & night just to be sure ;) Best wishes!!!
Helpful - 0
I sure hope so!  I took a FRER hoping the line would be pretty dark - but it wasn't.  It was obviously positive - no squinting.  And yes, mommyin10, I will be testing day and night!
Helpful - 0
YAY!! That sounds very very promising! All of my triggers have been out by the 10th day for sure!! HOLY COW!!!
Helpful - 0
Wow-congrats!  We did IVF (5d transfer) and I got a BFP on day 9 after trigger so I would say you are in the clear!  congrats!!!
Helpful - 0
Thanks for all your encouragement!  We are super excited - but cautious.  I am trying to keep busy with things today but I can't wait to go to bed and wake up in the morning to test again.  I will be calling my RE first thing Monday morning to get a beta.  I wasn't going until Thursday - but I don't think I can wait!  I had to tell someone so my mom and sis are saying a prayer for me...while we wait =)

I will keep you updated!
Helpful - 0
Yes, it defintately sounds like the real thing!! The digital tests are less sensitive, you're right! :) The trigger was always out of my system 10 days past the trigger, and the month we got pregnant, I tested at 9dpo and it was positive! Of course I was cautious b/c I knew it could still be from the shot, so I waited until 13dpo (just b/c I really didn't feel pregnant at all!) and lo and behold, it was a true ++++!!! :) Congrats girlie, you're pregnant!! Good luck with your beta on Monday! We'll be looking for your update, and of course, your + test in the morning too! ;)
Helpful - 0
I'm sure we can all understand wanting to get to sleep so you can test again in the morning! =)  Good luck & please keep us posted!  I'll be keeping you in my thoughts & prayers as well & looking forward to hearing great news on Monday! =)  Take care!!!
Helpful - 0
it's still positive - but not any darker...is that bad?  i stayed in bed as long as i could!  i'm excited that it is positive still, but not super excited.  i thought for sure it would be darker!
Helpful - 0
if it is not lighter today, and both sticks were first morning urine, i think you are good to go :)  :)
Helpful - 0
the one yesterday (the FRER) wasn't first morning urine.  i took the digital and then ran to the store to get the other one.  so i took the FRER this morning with first morning and it looks slightly darker than the one yesterday.  

i'm still a little cautious.
Helpful - 0
Well if the Hcg doubles every 48-72 hrs it wouldn't be too much darker!  I say congratulations honey!!! Take it easy, keep testing!
Helpful - 0
Yay! I agree, it'll probably be darker tomorrow :) My first test was negative, then two days of light positives before it started getting darker. Remember, it's still early :) Keep us posted!
Helpful - 0
I was stressing EXACTLY like you!  Like you, I had a positive at 10dpo, but it was the FAINTEST of faint lines (barely there) on a FRER.  It got a little darker and then I took a digi the next day I think and it was positive!  Then I got scared cuz after the line showed up for real it didn't seem to get any darker, but my first beta at 13dpo was a 46 and the line was there, but not super dark or anything.  I must've peed on sticks 3x a day after that (FRER's), and waited 4 more days til my next beta.  I was freaking cuz they were positive but didn't seem to be getting any darker.  Finally, the night before my beta it got dark out of nowhere!  I took it as a good sign and my beta was a 306!  

Hang in there!  Even if it doesn't get dark try not to worry.  I thought the exact same thing.  I forgot to say I even had a few tests for a few days before BOTH betas that seemed to get LIGHTER!  I was REALLY freaking then.  It all worked out.  As sensitive as the FRER's are, I don't think they are a perfect measurement of whether it's increasing.

Keep us posted!
Helpful - 0
I will for sure keep you posted!  We really want to tell our 5 year old, but are holding off until we get our beta tomorrow....when she finds out she will tell the world.  

It seems surreal that I am talking about having  BFP...I never thought this would happen and sometimes I have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming.  
Helpful - 0
CONGRATS!!!! I also tested 11dpt and got a faint positive and tested over the next  3 days and line didn't seem to be any darker but day before beta it was no doubt positive.
Helpful - 0
it was much darker this morning!  yay!  can't wait for my drs office to open in about 30 minutes!
Helpful - 0
I am so happy for you.... :)  Keep us posted....
Helpful - 0
Woo-Hoo!!! =)  That's great!  I hope you can get in for your beta today.  Keep us posted =)
Helpful - 0
This is IT babe... I am so thrilled for you, I got goosebumps when I saw the line had got darker... I can't wait to hear what youe numbers are!!! CONGRATS
Helpful - 0
waiting on my beta!  should be in within the next hour!
Helpful - 0
2

You are reading content posted in the Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community