Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community

Obamacare Covers IVF!

This actually isn't a question - just some info I discovered yesterday that for me will be life-changing - I want to share the news. What I found is that, at least in some states, "Obamacare" / Healthcare.gov covers IVF. Open registration for 2016 ends Jan 31, so there is no time to waste if you want to sign up. In Illinois, there are plans with 4 retrievals/year covered and others with 6 retrievals lifetime covered. Cost of premiums + out of pocket max varies, but for one plan with 6 retrievals covered, that cost is < $7000. The info phone line confirmed for me that you can have an employer plan in combination with the Healthcare.gov plan, so even if you already completed employer open enrollment, you can still get this plan in addition - whichever plan has the earlier effective date will be primary, and the other will be secondary insurance for anything the first one doesn't cover. (You also can decline your employer plan if you are still in time to do so.)
I found a little more info here: http://www.medicoverage.com/health-insurance-blog/news/is-in-vitro-covered-by-obamacare:

Do NOT cover IVF
California
Louisiana
New York

DO cover IVF (to some degree at least):
Connecticut
Hawaii
Illinois
Maryland
New Jersey
Rhode Island
Texas (group coverage only)