Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community
23.3k Members
Avatar universal


I am suffering from PCOD since last 2-3 years.Though afterv my marriage i didnt face much issues with my peroids.My period use to come at times on time an some times delayed by 3-4 days.This month i didnt get my period al all.it was due on 16th of august and still it is not coming i.e. now i am 25 days late.I went to my doc and she asked mr to undergo some blood,urine test and ultrasound .My ultrasound report says that my both right and left ovaries are having cysts.Blood sugar level is also bit on the higher scale.My right ovary is 40*22mm,vol 13ml and left ovary is 41*22mm,vol 11ml.My uterus is 56*32*34 mm.ii am also suffering from severe abdominal pain,sometimes in the right side and sometimes in the left side.I suffer from severe pain during intercourse also.Please someone tell me what to do now.i want to conceive as well.what is normal ovary size?Please help........
2 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
The normal adult ovary measures approximately 3cm - 5cm in length, 1.5cm - 3cm in width, and 0.5cm - 1.5cm in thickness. So definitely the size of ovaries is much more and these symptoms can be due to PCOD.

One of the most effective treatments is use of contraceptive pills or progesterone pills. It can also be treated surgically and this procedure is known as drilling. Try losing weight as it helps a lot to normalize menstruation. Try conceiving between 8-21 days of your cycle as it is fertile period. You may also try a pelvic laparoscopy to treat anovualtion if you don`t ovulate. Glucophage affects the action of insulin and is useful in reducing a number of the symptoms and complications of PCOS and also useful in the management of irregular periods, ovulation induction, weight loss, prevention of type 2 diabetes, and prevention of gestational diabetes mellitus in women with PCOS. Weight loss can help reduce or prevent many of the complications associated with PCOS.

You can discuss these treatment options with a gynecologist/ endocrinologist and start the treatment.
I hope it helps. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Avatar universal
Thanks you so much Bhupinder mam.
i went my gyneacologist and she prescribed  a medicine to induce my period.but next day itself i got my period without consumng that medicine.
Now i am taking a contraceptive pill named "Yamini" along with "cetapin" which will keep a watch on my weight and also cromoplex which is a B complex tablets.Doc has asked me to continue the medication for two months for now and again meet her after that.I want to conceive also next year.My LH/FSH ratio is also 1:1(not sure but doc said no issues with that).
Well thank u so much for your advice and concern.
Have an Answer?
Top Trying to Conceive Answerers
5875562 tn?1410902486
miami, FL
4769306 tn?1568493809
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Many couples are turning to acupuncture to treat infertility. But does it work? We take a closer look.
Does exercise really lower fertility? We take a look at 8 common myths about fertility.
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.
Is your biological clock sounding the alarm? Dr. Elaine Brown explains new advances in egg freezing.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.