Aa
A
A
A
Close
Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community
23.3k Members

Period after D & C

Miscarriage at 18 weeks. Baby boy with 2 vessel umbilical cord. How soon after a D & C can you expect a period. Also, with past SUA cord what are chances for normal pregnancy?
22 Responses
My doc said to expect my period about 6-8 wks after my D&C but to call her if it didn't start by them because it wasn't normal. It started right about 6 wks after the D&C. hope this helps...
Mine was w weird case because I bleed for 2 1/2 weeks and they said that it would probably come in 5-6 weeks.  My hcg levels were high, but yours were probably higher.  Mine started at 47,000 and it took a long time for tem to drop...longer than they expected.  The doc told me that it would take at least 4 weeks after the bleeding stopped.  Well 12 days after the bleeding stopped I suddenly got my AF!  And I went back to ovulating right on time!  So mine came at exactly 4 weeks!
Did you dr. check you hcg levels? How long did it take for them to drop?
Hi, I have had two miscarriages this year (one at 10 weeks and the other at 14 weeks) that both needed a D & E.  I did not start my period until 7-8 weeks after the first one.  And, I am 6 weeks post D & E and still waiting on my period.  I am scare too.  The first period I had after the D & E was very heavy.  I went through a whole pack of pads in a day and a half.  I started having to use tampons and pads at the same time to keep it from going through to my pants.

I did not call the doc when it was so heavy.  What can they do anyway?  What can happen to me?  Does anyone know?
I'm sorry you've had to go through 2 miscarriages in the last year. I can't imagine how you feel. I've also had 2 but mine were about 5 years apart. I didn't think you were supposed to bleed that heavy after a D & E. I thought they pretty much cleaned everything out. I don't know what the dr would of done. I've heard of people needing 2nd d & c. Have you ever had you hcg levels checked? Everyones body is different and yours has certainly had a rough year. I hope you are getting better both emotionally and physically.
Thank you EAHTLH.  It has been rough.  I was just sharing on another topic that I went through a very rough grieving period and that one of the things that helped me tremendously was some articles about coping with miscarriage and life after miscarriage from this website:  allaboutlifechallenges.org

I am doing much better now.  I guess most of my emotional energy is becoming consumed with test results and researching answers and such.  

I am very glad to have found this forum though.  
Have an Answer?
Top Trying to Conceive Answerers
5875562 tn?1410902486
miami, FL
4769306 tn?1568493809
NC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Many couples are turning to acupuncture to treat infertility. But does it work? We take a closer look.
Does exercise really lower fertility? We take a look at 8 common myths about fertility.
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.
Is your biological clock sounding the alarm? Dr. Elaine Brown explains new advances in egg freezing.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.