Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community

Pregnancy after Tubal Ligation?

I had my last child two years ago and had a tubal during my c-section. My menstrual cycle has came like clock work for two years until this month. I am currently 10 days late and took two pregnancy test...one negative and one positive! I am only 25 and know I am not experiencing menopause. I have also been extremely tired and fatigued. Could someone please tell me if this could be possible? I am waiting another child now after the death of my last child 1 1/2 yrs ago!
Hi there,
Firstly I will advise you to take up blood HCG test for confirming whether you are pregnant or not. Pregnancy can occur after tubal ligation if the procedure fails. The failure rates, the reason for failure and the timing of a failure all depend on the type of sterilization procedure and the skill of the surgeon performing the procedure. I would also advise you an early ultrasound to determine the location of the pregnancy since the chances of ectopic pregnancy are high after tubal ligation. Getting pregnant after tubal ligation is possible but requires additional surgery or procedures such as in vitro fertilization. It is best to consult an experienced gynecologist and discuss your concerns. Do write to me again.
Best wishes and take care!