Aa
A
A
A
Close
Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community
23.3k Members

Pregnant with twins

So is anyone pregnant with twins, or had twins? I'm not sure what to expect with this pregnancy, or post-partum. I'm especially worried about breast feeding.
9 Responses
1438719 tn?1284116203
hi i just found out that im expecting. we have not ruled out twins yet. do you remember what your quantive hcg level?
Don't you worry about a thing..... there is always baby formula and hubby to help... you will figure out as time comes. There is a forum in here for twins.. look under pregnancy and ask them :)

Good luck with everything!!!
Don't worry and stress. My doctor told me that if I have twins my body(breasts) should produce enough milk for both. I recommend going to yur local hospital and check into breast feeding support groups or multiples support group. They are truly wonderful. Good luck!
1309497 tn?1368321787
i'm almost 18wks w/ twins :)  i'm not sure what to expect either since this is my first pregnancy & nobody i know has multiples. It's exciting though! I'm slowly learning to train my mind to think in terms of "two".
1294482 tn?1354492888
I do know a couple of people who breast fed twins. One of them supplimented after a couple of months and the other didn't at all. I know when I was pg with my ds I went to the breast feeding class at my local hospital and they were full of information and explained that breastfeeding with twins is no different. The more they eat the more milk you produce. I strictly breast fed my ds until he was a year old and then still at night until he was 18 months. It is great and you can do it, good luck!
1271927 tn?1310583962
My sister just had twins about three months ago. It's more work, that's for sure, but dh and family can help out with the chores and what nots. Also, many moms of multiples have to go on bed rest a bit early. I think my sis spent 4-6 weeks on bed rest before the babies arrived. I think it was closer to 4. Also, expect to give birth a week or two early, as that is common with twins. My sis also had pregnancy symptoms "twice as bad" she says! However, this was her first pregnancy. Now that the babies have arrived, she is thrilled and couldn't imagine only having one!

Congrats and it will be great! :)
Have an Answer?
Top Trying to Conceive Answerers
5875562 tn?1410902486
miami, FL
4769306 tn?1568493809
NC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Many couples are turning to acupuncture to treat infertility. But does it work? We take a closer look.
Does exercise really lower fertility? We take a look at 8 common myths about fertility.
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.
Is your biological clock sounding the alarm? Dr. Elaine Brown explains new advances in egg freezing.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.