Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community

Sore Breasts

I am 25 almost 26 and I have noticed recently that over the last 2 periods my breasts are really really sore for nearly 3 weeks at a time. Does this happen to anyone else?  It's always the outside and one hurts more than the other
A complete physical examination is must for appropriate diagnosis and treatment. Hormonal fluctuations based on your menstrual cycle may cause breast pain. Conditions affecting the chest wall, muscles, joints or heart can also cause radiating pain in the breasts. Fatty acid imbalance, oral contraceptive pills, antidepressants all can cause breast pain. Women with large breasts may have noncyclic breast pain related primarily to the size of their breasts. This type of breast discomfort may be accompanied with neck, shoulder and back pain. An ultrasound may be done to evaluate a focused area of pain even if the mammogram appears normal. If there is no abnormality found on mammogram and ultrasound it is unlikely that there is some serious cause involved. Discuss the above mentioned possibilities with your doctor. I hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!