Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community

Stressed - First cycle of Clomid + HCG + Progestrone

My partner and I have been ttc for over 2 years and early last year I was told I had mild PCOS. I was put on metaformin 500 twice a day and by the end of the year, the PCOS cleared up completely. My doc has now started me on 50mg clomid this cycle, as I decided I wanted to get aggressive on the baby part now that the PCOS is done with. This was for d3 - d9 and to induce rupturing had the HCG injection. During the scans found 4 mature follicles with all four rupturing together. I have also been put on progestrone tabs for the d15 - d28.
This is first time I am going through this and totally stressed about it.

Few questions for the group:
1. Does having sex on the previous day/ morning to ovulation have the same effect as on the same day as ovulation?
2. Did anyone face any side effects with the clomid? I had a nasty lower tummy pain till the day after ovulation and post that have been having cramps in my lower tummy. This is normal?
3. Any signs I need to keep an eye out for? I am another 3 days to my cycle date, but am getting terribly anxious and stressed :(
Hello and hope you are doing well.
1. It may be sometimes difficult to know exactly when ovulation will happen. It is therefore recommended to have intercourse between days 7 and 20 of a woman's menstrual cycle. A sperm can live inside a woman’s body for 3-5 days while the life of a released egg is only 4 to 12 hours. Pregnancy rates are highest when the egg and sperm join together within 4 to 6 hours of ovulation.
2. Clomid is generally well tolerated. The few side effects seen are abdominal discomfort and bloating, nausea, dizziness, weight gain, mood disorders and spotting.
3. While on clomid the spotting in the middle of your cycle can be related just to the drug and may not necessarily indicate pregnancy. If the spotting is accompanied by other symptoms like abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting, or fever you should contact your doctor as soon as possible.
Do keep me posted. Best wishes and kind regards!