Aa
A
A
A
Close
Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community
23.3k Members

TTC- Endometriosis-Meprate_Periods

Hi, Further to my previous post -fyi-endometric chocolate cyst removed in Nov 2008, given depo provera one a month for 3 months (dec08, jan09, feb09). It took a while for my periods to return, I got it June09 and July09 but not after that.

So my dr in order induce periods put me on Meprate (medoxyprogesterone) from 9thSep to 16th Sep (7 days) ,two pills a day. Anytime between 2-10 days I am supposed to get my period, but I still havent got it, day 10 today and I have only been very faintly spotting for the last 2-3 days.

Does anybody have a clue about how this drug works esp for someone who had depo provera shots in the past? Will this spotting eventually lead to periods in the next coulple of days? I need to get all my hormnone levels checked on day 3 and then get an HSG done... Please advice.... Thanks
3 Responses
318181 tn?1336447096
Usually, your period will start after a few days of stopping the progesterone. I would probably wait a couple of more days, and then call your doctor if you still haven't gotten your period. Best of luck!
hi.. I went to my dr today and had a scan- they said that my endometrium is very thin and therefore will not end up having a period. Dr has given me med regimen for 28 days- combo of progesterone and estrogen.

Has anybody had this combo and has it worked - PLEASE ADVISE... Thanks
318181 tn?1336447096
Oh, OK, That makes sense. If your lining is already thin, there's really no blood to shed. I don't have any personal experience with the estrogen/progesterone combo, but it makes a lot of sense. Basically, the estrogen will thicken your lining, like it normally does when the follicle is developing in the beginning of your cycle; and then the progesterone will mimic the natural progesterone surge that happens after ovulation in the second part of a regular cycle. Then, once you stop the progesterone, your brain should signal your body to shed the lining, which leads to your period. Good luck with everything!
Have an Answer?
Top Trying to Conceive Answerers
5875562 tn?1410902486
miami, FL
4769306 tn?1568493809
NC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Many couples are turning to acupuncture to treat infertility. But does it work? We take a closer look.
Does exercise really lower fertility? We take a look at 8 common myths about fertility.
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.
Is your biological clock sounding the alarm? Dr. Elaine Brown explains new advances in egg freezing.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.