Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community

TTC for last one year - no luck

Hi there,
We are married for 5 years. I never used any pills for birth control and followed safe intercourse method for birth control. We have been trying for last one year and no luck yet. I had 2 irregular periods 6 months back (typically one length was 55-59 days). I contacted Gynic and he said everything is ok and irregular periods are common in some people at some time. He prescribed prenate DHA as prenatal and suggested us to continue TTC for at least 6 more months.

It is been 6 months from our last doctor visit and 1 year of TTC. I am 30 and my husband is 32. I am in a confused state whether to consult doctor or try some more time..

I would appreaciate if anyone could suggest us on this.

Thanks,
Goody.
After 1 year without success it is a good idea to consult your doctor. Have you been charting your temps or using an ovulation predictor kit? Those things can help you make sure that you are ovulating, and also that you are timing intercourse properly. Oftentimes if you go see a specialist (in the USA) they want to see 3 month of temperature charts to help with diagnosis. Good luck.
Thanks for your response and suggession. I have tried ovulation kit one month but it was confusing to me and could not differentiate the "dark"/"light" lines and I never tried temparatures. We had intercourse alternate days as my doc suggested. I will schedule an appointment with my doc this week.
Thanks.
Hi- I would go to the Dr. and get moving on the next step. I started seeking medical intervention after 6 months and I'm glad that I did because I did 2 IUIs which both failed and have had to move onto IVF.

I would get all the possible fertility tests and go from there. That way at least you know what you are dealing with.

Good luck
The opk's can be very confusing. I like to buy the digital and then you can be sure. My RE won't even use temps and didn't want me to use them either. THey were unreliable and showed I didn't O when bloodwork showed I did. I would strongly suggest going to the Dr and moving on. If there is a problem it will take a little time to find it with tests and medication so the longer you wait, the longer it may take to get pg. Good luck to you!!!
Thank you all. I have scheduled an appointment with my dr next wednusday. Will see what's going on.
Hi there,

I went to Dr. office yesterday and my Dr. asked to get some blood work (pitutory, thyroid) and also my husband's semen analysis. If everything from these tests comes ok, then I may need to go for HSG test (Hysterosalpingography).

I am wondering if anyone had a HSG test before and does it helped anyone to find the root cause of not getting pregnant?

Thanks,
Goody.