Aa
A
A
A
Close
Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community
23.4k Members
16555248 tn?1449079768

Two natural miscarraiges with Unidentified Infertility, is our next step IVF?

Hello, age 31 (husband age 30).  Our first m/c was at 7.5 weeks in July 2010; we've been ttc ever since.  In 2014, had all the blood work done, sperm count, HSG test on open tubes; everything checked out as 2 healthy adults and our OB diagnosed us as Unidentified Infertility.  In 2015, we did timed clomid for 5 months, 3 months with levetral and an IUI on both clomid and another IUI on levetral (some of this with our OBGYN & some with our RE).  All of these failed.  We were advised to move down IVF path, both OB and RE have positive thoughts b/c of our prior miscarriage that we'll get pregnant.  We took 3 months off of trying so we could prepare ourselves for the emotional journey of IVF, this meant no more meds for 3 months.  At this time, we got pregnant - naturally!  ...And then we had our 2nd m/c in December 2015 at 6 weeks.  We were setup to begin IVF in January 2016; should we proceed?  I know that our bodies can connect the sperm and egg naturally, and that is what IVF does.  What I don't know is if my body can carry the child to full term; and I don't know what test can be done to confirm this.  With IVF the correct placement of the embryo will happen in the uterus - but I could still miscarry the next one with IVF (not to mention incur $10k of debt along the way).  I'm looking for some advice on next steps.  Should I go back to medicated IUI's, go all in for IVF, or keep trying naturally?
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Trying to Conceive Answerers
5875562 tn?1410898886
miami, FL
4769306 tn?1568490209
NC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Many couples are turning to acupuncture to treat infertility. But does it work? We take a closer look.
Does exercise really lower fertility? We take a look at 8 common myths about fertility.
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.
Is your biological clock sounding the alarm? Dr. Elaine Brown explains new advances in egg freezing.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.