Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community
23.4k Members
Avatar universal

Unilateral Hydrosalpinx

My husband and are young(27) and healthy. We have been TTC for 6 months, and after years of experiencing right lower abdomen discomfort, I figured I better go to the doctor and make sure that wasn't the reason we were having trouble. I realize it can take couples up to a year, however, since I'd been ignorning this disconfort, I thought I should get checked out. My PCP sent me for a transvaginal ulatrasound where I was diagnosed on Tuesday (1/10/12) with a left hydrosalpinx- doesn't explain my discomfort on the right, but at this point, i'm not even focused on that. I've of course been doing tons of research and it all sounds pretty gloomy- tube removal and IVF. I have no patience and would love some answers- the closest OB appointment I was able to get was Jan.23rd. I question if I should even go to an OB/GYN- I have a feeling they'll refer me to a fertility specialist or an RE. Has any one been diagnosed via ultrasound? I'm wodering whats next- an HSG or laproscopy? Any info would be appreciated!
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Trying to Conceive Answerers
5875562 tn?1410902486
miami, FL
4769306 tn?1568493809
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Many couples are turning to acupuncture to treat infertility. But does it work? We take a closer look.
Does exercise really lower fertility? We take a look at 8 common myths about fertility.
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.
Is your biological clock sounding the alarm? Dr. Elaine Brown explains new advances in egg freezing.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.