Aa
A
A
A
Close
Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community
23.3k Members

Uterus didelphys

I'm 16 weeks pregnant and I have uterus didelphys. There really isn't much literature out there regarding this. It seems like I can find articles about multiple pregnancies in women with 2 uteruses because it is so rare, but there isn't much for normal pregnancy in an abnormal uterus.
Is there anything I should know? Does anyone know of any good books or articles about pregnancy and uterus didelphys? I realize there is a risk of pre-term labor and an increase chance of having a c-section, but as far as I know these are the main risk.
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi,
Uterus dydelphus is a uterine anomaly in which the genital tract is divided into two parts and hence there are two uterus, two cervix and two parts of the vagina. The symptoms vary depending upon the size and capacity of the two parts. They can range from an uneventful delivery at term to early abortions, preterm labour, mal-presentations, increased chances of labour problems and need for caesarean section. Consult your Doctor.
Hope this helps.
Have an Answer?
Top Trying to Conceive Answerers
5875562 tn?1410902486
miami, FL
4769306 tn?1568493809
NC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Many couples are turning to acupuncture to treat infertility. But does it work? We take a closer look.
Does exercise really lower fertility? We take a look at 8 common myths about fertility.
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.
Is your biological clock sounding the alarm? Dr. Elaine Brown explains new advances in egg freezing.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.