Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community

Was on depo and the pill, worried fertility was compromised

I was on depo provera for 3 years, then I went off and got a very heavy and long period (3 weeks).  Then after a year of no period, I got on the pill to regulate myself and had regular periods on the pill for 7 years.  I then went off the pill (Nov8, 2006) b/c my husband and I want to get pregnant.  After 3 months of no period, my doctor gave me 5 days of provera.  After 1 week I have no period which I expected. I know I am not pregnant.  I have an appnt to see my doctor next week. I have a very bad feeling that the journey to regularity will be a long one and I am looking for tips, advice, basically anything that can help me not lose time or effort.  Haven't seen success stories from people with similar backgrounds....
thanks
Ok maybe you haven't ttc enough most couple's ttc for up to a year before starting to worry if they can't become pregnant. You haven't tried long enough to determine if the birth control you took effected you in that way. I say try a little while and if no bay then go see fertility doctor.
I am having the exact same problem. I wasn't on Depo, but I was on birth control for 2 years. Well, I quit taking it in May 2006 because I was getting married and wanted to get pregnant. I still to this day don't have a period. I am going to the doctor on Tuesday, so if I find out anything that will be of any help to you, I will sure let you know. I know how hard it can be, and yeah, I think its going to be a long hard road to regularity, but its nice to know that someone is going through the exact same problems at the same time.