Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community

What cycle of Clomid are you on?? any side effects?

Hello everyone I think that this form will be very helpful for all that are on Clomid or that will start Clomid soon.

Let me start by saying that I have PCOS and I have 11 year old daughter I have been TTC on and off the last 7 years but since I been married a year ago we been trying faithfully. I was on Clomid in Nov. 2009 I was taking 50mg 3-7cd I was told that I didnt O on this round and that I would need to go up on my next round. Dec came and went no AF so went in to see if I was Pergo but no I was not so they put me on provrea then Clomid on 3-7 100mg. I am now on my 3 and last round of Clomid I am on 150mg 3-7 days and I hope that this time I O because on my last round they told me I O early on cd 15 I have never O in 11 years so that was a good thing. But doc said that the numbers where not where he wanted them to be at so that is why he up my clomid this time.
As for side effects on 50mg I had mood swings and hot flashes and the wonderful headaches... On 100mg I thank god I did not have any but did have crazy dreams with them. And with 150mg I had the vision problems. I just hope that this time works.
Would love to hear your stories on Clomid and hear how long before you got your BFP on Clomid...
I first started 50mg Clomid spring 2008 and got a BFP 2nd or 3rd round of the 50mg. I didn't have any side effects. I m/c a little while later. The DH and I took some time off. I'm on CD 10 of my first 50mg Clomid cycle since 2008. (Everytime I take it CD 3-7). Again no side effects. I did notice that my BBT is higher this cycle than last (non-clomid cycle). I'm hoping to get my OPK today, too. Oh and as a side note, we have been ttc since end of 2006 and just took a break during 2009.  
Sorry to hear about your MC. I heard of clomid thinn the linning and that why my doc said this will be my last round that he will not put me higher because the risks. I hope that all works out for you and that this time around you get your BFP and that it sticks real good.
And I must agree that BBT is change when on Clomid or not on. I have seen that in mines too.
keep me posted and I hope all works out for you... SSBD*
Clomid helps you produce follicles but it doesn't guarentee ovulation.  I have to be given an HCG injection when the follicles are ready to guarentee ovulation.  I will be on 150 mg of Clomid this cycle.  I have been on it for 6 cycles or so... with a couple breaks in between because of hyperstimulation (I was not being monitered at this time and the follicle grew so huge and didn't release).  I'm hoping that this 150 mg will work count days 3-7 as well.  
Oh my I am gald to hear you are ok after that. thats scary to have hyperstimulation. I hope 150 works for you too.. I hope all goes well and that you get your BFP this time around. I take CLomid because I dont O I have PCOS and it makes it hard to O or even get AF. But have been doing well this time around with Clomid I got my numbers up this time so that is good it was not what the doctor wanted but we getting some where. Thats how I look at it any ways. I hope that Clomid works for us all and that it will bless us with a BFP... SSBD
My lining was thin on 100 mg of Clomid last time. So, they put me on Estrace (estrogen) vaginal inserts.  2 mg a day from the time they start doing the follicle check until they confirm pregnancy.  It helped to build up my lining very quickly and effectively!! I'm sure I'll have to take it again this time around as my dose is 150 mg.  I'm still waiting for AF she hasn't come yet!!! GRRR..... The only time I want her to come and she isn't showing up.
I am comming up to my 2nd round of clomid 100mg this time and also taking metformin this round. Here is my history:

I have had PCOS since 1999.
Worked out and lost 40pounds in 2006, accidently got pregnant with my wonderful son*.
Had Mirena IUD placed and split from his* father.
***
Got married to a great man who has two kids. So now we have his 5yr boy, my 3yr old boy and his almost 3yr old girl.
Took my IUD out July 2009 we'd like to try for a child of our own.
8months TTC
4 AF visits no ovulation so far
approaching my 2nd round of Clomid, first round though with Metformin

As for side effects.. I have def had hot and cold issues, bad dreams and exhausted, the first round of clomid I actually got sick (but it may have just been a bug). The metformin has made me have other stomic issues and cold alot, also the feeling of tired.

I wish everyone luck...and lots of baby dust!!!

We're praying for a happy healthy 9months and baby (secretly wishing for a girl).

I don't have PCOS just simply haven't ovulated in 4 months. Last regular AF was November 09. All my other's have been Provera induced. Did clomid 50 mg last cycle and still didn't ovulate. This next cycle doing provera agian and clomid 100 mg. Hopefully I ovulated. Have my fingers crossed. SBD!
Has your doc check to see why your not O. See with the not O and not getting AF that is the same that I have but my doc said that is because of PCOS I dont O or get AF on my own. I would find out why your not O if you dont have PCOS. That will be one of the causes that you dont have AF and O. Check into that with your doc because there is some much out there that can help you to O if they know why your not O or getting AF.

I send SSBD to all and that clomid helps us all this time...
Today is also my last day on CLomid so happy its over. I had vivison problems yesturday morning and this morning too it was really crazy because I have never had this side effect before and not even this late on clomid so I was freak out and looked up the side effects and yes it was one of the wonderful side effects of clomid..
My doctor thought it was enviormental (exercise, stress...etc) as I just started to go do body pump right around that time. Every cycle before that was 30-31 days to the day!! So we will see.....
Hi Ladies!!  I was on provera and finished on Sat.  My af came today so I'm excited to say I will be starting my first round of clomid this coming Sat March 27!!   My doc has me starting at 100mg(prob cause i didn't have af since july 09)  Anywhoo.  ....  im interested in knowing symptoms etc as this is my first time taking clomid.  Just curious though.  what opk's are people using (if any)?  i have the CB fertility monitor but i know it can scew the reading when on clomid.  What's working for you guys and what's not)
Sherry
I use first respond OPK I start around day 10 or so. just to make sure I cover all my bases. I say you have a real good doc to start you on 100mg I had to wait 2 cycles before I was on 100mg. so thats great. and the other thing is that clomid may or may not help you O early on like I did last month I O on cd15 I never O so that was good but being that I didnt have high numbers of pergestorne he up to 150mg I take it on CD3-7 because that helps to get the most of the clomid to bring down more eggs.
I wish you luck and SSBD let us know what happens with you on clomid and dont get worry about the side effects they are temp, but some are lucky and you wont even feel a thing. Also I would take them at night right before you go to bed and make sure to take them at the SAME TIME every day.