Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community

What cycle of Clomid are you on?? any side effects?

Hello everyone I think that this form will be very helpful for all that are on Clomid or that will start Clomid soon.

Let me start by saying that I have PCOS and I have 11 year old daughter I have been TTC on and off the last 7 years but since I been married a year ago we been trying faithfully. I was on Clomid in Nov. 2009 I was taking 50mg 3-7cd I was told that I didnt O on this round and that I would need to go up on my next round. Dec came and went no AF so went in to see if I was Pergo but no I was not so they put me on provrea then Clomid on 3-7 100mg. I am now on my 3 and last round of Clomid I am on 150mg 3-7 days and I hope that this time I O because on my last round they told me I O early on cd 15 I have never O in 11 years so that was a good thing. But doc said that the numbers where not where he wanted them to be at so that is why he up my clomid this time.
As for side effects on 50mg I had mood swings and hot flashes and the wonderful headaches... On 100mg I thank god I did not have any but did have crazy dreams with them. And with 150mg I had the vision problems. I just hope that this time works.
Would love to hear your stories on Clomid and hear how long before you got your BFP on Clomid...
My doc said take cd 5-9 (which is the norm) Would it really make a difference I f I took it  Cd 3-7???  
They say it doesn't matter which cd you start taking. Each dr is different. Im taking mine from cd 3-7 as soon as AF shows from provera induced period.
I've always been instructed to take my Clomid CD 3-7 to help induce ovulation. I have heard taking Clomid CD 5-9 is to help with the egg quality. I would call your doctor's office to see if it would be beneficial taking it on CD 3-7. The CB monitor shouldn't be too affected by the Clomid. It might get a little fussy the first Clomid cycles because levels are different from what it is used to seeing with your cycles. It should be fine by the 2nd Clomid cycle, and again, it might be fine from the very first Clomid cycle. Good Luck and Baby Dust!
My DR also told me 5-9, but I starting counting my cycle days when I start spotting... cause my cycles sometimes last 8-12days so I need all the help I can get. I technically take my pills on 4-8. Last time I didnt O, nor have 1 for 8months.

I have been getting more and more cramps thought after getting AF from Provera, then adding the Metformin and adding the Clomid.
I agree with minney, I've always been instructed to take my Clomid CD 3-7 to help induce ovulation. I have heard taking Clomid CD 5-9 is to help with the egg quality. this what My RE said to me too about the days and yes it is day one of a FULL RED FLOW not spotting or brown that is NOT your cd1.  I have asked many questions to my RE and he is so helpful with these questions. I were you I would take it on 3-7 so that you make sure you get more eggs to Ovulate..
Taking it count day 3-7 should help the follicles mature faster, which in turn would cause ovulation sooner, and be more ideal for pregnancy.