Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community

Women of Strength!!!

A Strong Woman VS. A Woman Of Strength

A strong woman works out every day to keep her body in shape…
But a woman of strength builds relationships to keep her soul in shape.

A strong woman isn't afraid of anything…
But a woman of strength shows courage in the midst of fear.

A strong woman won't let anyone get the better of her…
But a woman of strength gives the best of herself to everyone.

A strong woman makes mistakes and avoids the same in the future…
A woman of strength realizes life's mistakes can also be unexpected blessings and capitalizes on them.

A strong woman wears a look of confidence on her face…
But a woman of strength wears grace.

A strong woman has faith that she is strong enough for the journey…
But a woman of strength has faith that it is in the journey that she will become strong.
***************************************************************************************************
Michelleinhawaii is CANCER FREE!!! Congrats & best wishes =)
Arlotheslug: We're praying that you're home, loving your little girl!!! Update soon =)

Leighanne: 2/10/09 Jaedyn Michael was born beautiful & healthy!
Vortex: On 4/20/2009, Sahana was born! (Check out her pics!!!)
Joyce: 5/28/09 Daniel Joseph was born, 8lbs, 8oz and 19 3/4 inches long.
Jessie: 6/11/09 Zachary Kaden arrived at 5:43am. 7 lbs, 12 oz and 20.5 inches long
Armyprincess: 7/24/09, Jeremy Michael was born 9lbs, 3 ozs & 20 inches
Stacey: 8/12/09, Jake Harrison was born a healthy 6lbs! Check out his handsome pics!
Kaylee_Frye: Hayden Elizabeth was born 9/12/09; 6lb 12 oz and 19.5 inches!

Luvkayln: BFP!!! 32 weeks with Adalynn Noel!!! =) (u/s 11/10)
Dnikkki: BFP!!! - 25 weeks with Peyton!!! (appt 11/9) Vacationing in Puerto Rico!
Looloo: BFP!!! 25 Weeks!
Mommyin10: BFP!!! 18 Weeks with our twins! (genetic counseling/anatomy scan11/11)
sbumblebeeo: BFP!!! 18 Weeks! (anatomy scan 11/9)
kmcarino:  BFP! 7 weeks w/twins! (u/s Tomorrow)

Rachjas:  Will start Lupron Fri! Starting Estrace 11/20 (appt 12/4) Egg retrieval 12/9!
Guesito: will schedule HSG soon
mrspace:  Will ttc in the New Year!

Waiting for AF:
candie
mamatina
Hannah  
Naf

Lina: CD2
Jmh2005: CD4
Pyar:  CD10  (waiting for an egg donor match!!!)
ad_06:  CD11 (appt Tomorrow!) Happy Birthday!!! :)    

Keyan: 12DPO!!!
scripps:  12dpt (beta Tomorrow!)
***********************************************************************************
dnikki: Happy 25 Weeks!!! :)

ad_06: Happy Birthday!!! :)

sbumblebeeo: I agree, don't feel guilty for feeling the way you do. We're all here for you
& we all know how difficult the pregnancy has been for you. Like luvkayln, I've been enjoying mine, but she & I haven't been nearly as sick as you since day 1. We all have the same goals on this thread, to get that long-awaited BFP & to hold our beautiful, healthy babies :) Hang in there! Your anatomy scan will ease your mind, I'm sure :)

Keyan: Your chart is looking soooo good! Okay, we'll pray for high temps & no AF & a
BFP in 5 days!!! I'm definitely rubbing the double belly for you! :)

Luvkayln: Your U/S pics are adorable as always, especially Miss Personality sticking out
her tongue! :-) Too cute! I'm so happy everything went well at your appt. & you've got
her b-day set! Yes, the 7th & 17th are perfect! I hope dh feels better soon! Poor guy ;(

Kmcarino:  Yes, I'm excited, but nervous about our appt next week. I'm hoping & praying we get some answers & good news ;) I'm sorry, but what is vbs testing? Good luck at your u/s tomorrow!
Thanks for the birthday wishes! It was a long day, didn't get home till after 7. But it's okay, I'll enjoy today! I'm getting ready to go to the dr. I will update ASAP! Keep your fingers crossed for a bunch of follies!!!! I OPKed again this morning and it was neg. I'll check in once I get back......
All-
Just when you thought it couldn't get worse...it does.  Yesterday while here at work I went to the bathroom around 11:30, had lunch and almost 2 hours later went pee again.  This time my panties were wet through to my pants.  Just a little on my pants but still, in two hours?  I've noticed a lot more discharge on a daily basis with being pregnant and the book says it's normal so I didn't really think too much about it but in two hours I had seen more than I typically do in 8 hours plus it was clear and thin like water.  I called my nurse Kathy and she talked to the Dr and he wanted me to come in right away.  He did a PH test and some "pedatric" scope and said it looked clear of amniotic fluid but I need to be careful b/c I am so high risk due to my smaller uterus and high risk for preterm labor.  DH asked if it was due to us having intercorse Saturday and told him that I had some weird pains for two days after that.  Doc said it might be and from now on we need to refrain from any sex.  The funny thing is we've only done it about 4 times since I got pregnant and every time there has been some issue, this, or bleeding, or cramps.  Doctor is very interested in my anatomy scan on monday and told me to ask them the length of my uterus to see how much room we are actually working with.  It is all very scary and today I am SO sore from his poking around.  He checked my cervix and said it feels hard and closed just like it should.  Poor Doc looks at DH like "I'm sorry I'm about to shove my hand up her paper dress".  LOL  I wonder if it is as hard for him as it is us sometimes?  K, so that's it for now.  Well see what happens from now until Monday.  I am ready for the weekend.
sbumbleebleo: what a scare! I am glad your cervix is closed!! ...My cousing and her DH tells me that during both pregnancies, they didn't have intercorse since the time they found out she was pregnant....not that it was order by a doc or anything, just by choice...they wanted to make sure that nothing they did would harm the baby.. probably dh and I decide also on not having any sex...after 4years of ttc...lots of BDing, a 9+ month period break doesn't seem so bad!!  I will keep you in my prayers hoping everything is fine and continues to be fine!  

Ad_06: Good luck on your appt today! keep us posted!

Scripps: Good luck today!! Hoping you get a huge surprise!

Luvkayln: Happy 33 weeks!! How is Dh doing? what did the doc say!

Mommyin10: Happy 19 weeks!! Thanks for rubbing your double belly for me....I am starting to feel a little anxious, but I really want to wait after saturday (estimate AF due date) to take a test....ummmm perhaps tomorrow.....the issue with me not testing, is really because I don't have any HPT at home and I HATE to go to the drug store to buy them!! I feel like everyone is looking at me, and I hate to think someone that I know sees me buying the test and comes to me to ask the question!! agrrrrr!! maybe tonight I will stop at another city drug store and buy one!!
sbumbleebleo: OMG, that is so scary!! I'm glad you called your doctor right away! That's awesome your cervix is still long and closed! But are they thinking you are leaking amniotic fluid??! I'm with Keyan on the whole sex thing. Dh and I don't have sex, we probably only have about 4 or 5 times this whole pregnancy! I just know that's how we lost Kayln, although we were having a little rougher sex when it happened, it still scares the hell out of me to even attempt to have sex, especially since we're so close to having her now! It's just not worth it! Like Keyan said, after all we go through to try and even get pregnant, why risk anything when it comes to your baby? And if you're having issues after, I agree with the doctor that you should refrain. The weekend will be here and gone before you know it, and we'll all be praying for great results on Monday for you sweetie! But I know everything will be OK! Just take it easy! :)

Kmcarino- Good luck with your u/s today! Too bad you're not able to post pics of your 2 sweeties! So, what is the vbs testing that you're getting soon? Is that on the babies?? Update after your appointment today! :)

Ad_06- Yes, we're all praying for lots of nice big follies for you today!!! :) I'm glad you had a nice birthday, and I know you'll get great news today and have another wonderful day! Can't wait for your update!!! :)

Scripps- Good luck with your beta today!! I'm praying for great news!!! :)

Keyan-OMG, i'm totally stalking your chart! lol ;) It  looks GREAT! I would be going crazy right now wanting to buy a test if my chart looked that awesome! I think you're such a strong person to want to wait tho, just to see if AF wants to show up, but I really have an awesome feeling that this is your month girlie!!! :)

Mommyin10- Happy 19 weeks! Woo hoo!!!! :) Thanks for the photo comments! I know, isn't she just a little cutie, already showing off! lol ;) I just love her so much and I am just SO proud of her that she's improving so much each week! It's just an awesome feeling to know that she's doing so great and is doing above and beyond on her tests each week! :)

Ok, so Sean's appointment went really well! (Keyan, thanks for asking! :) At the ER, they told him they would have to have surgery, no matter what! But at the surgeon's office yesterday, he said they measure the fracture in levels, and Sean's is at a 2 and they operate at 4 and above, so that's good news! :) They gave him some more pain pills and something to help start bringing the swelling down. He'll have to stay in his sling for a while, but I'm so glad that he should be nice and healed by the time Addy comes! :) Ok, we're starving! Addy doesn't know what day light savings time is! Haha!! :) Hope everyone has a great day!!! :)
luvkayln- The CVGS is a test done around 10-11 weeks on each baby to check for any chromosomal problems, tell the gender, and also to see if the babies have my disorder or not.  There is a 50% chance.  I will update after my appointment:)
Hi ladies just a quick update.I went to the docs yesterday to see if i could get the bloodwork i need doing  free on the nhs he's going to let me know so again i'm waiting.Keep your fingers crossed for me we just could do with a break this is just so expensive

Mommyin10 19 weeks wow time is flying
sbumblebeebleo i'm praying all is well with you
keyan i have my fingers crossed for you I can relate to how you feel about buying hpt's
luvkaylyn i hope sean recovers well
anyway will check in again if and when i have something to update
luvkayln-  Great news for DH!  I'm so glad.  I've been watching for an update.  I still didn't read how he even managed to do this in the first place?  Fourwheeler accident or something?  I'm glad you're ok and no surgery.

Keyan-  Thanks for your thoughts.  I am with you.  Sex isn't important to me at or DH at all right now.  I just want to get through this pregnacy and end up with a healthy baby.  

mommyin10-  Happy 19 weeks.  Just a few more days and we have our anatomy scans.  I can't wait.  

Luvkayln: BFP!!! 33 weeks with Adalynn Noel!!! =) (u/s 11/10)
Looloo: BFP!!! 25 Weeks!
Mommyin10: BFP!!! 19 Weeks with our twins! (genetic counseling/anatomy scan11/11)
kmcarino:  BFP! 8 weeks w/twins! (u/s Today)

Rachjas:  Will start Lupron Tomorrow! Starting Estrace 11/20 (appt 12/4) Egg retrieval 12/9!
Guesito: will schedule HSG soon
mrspace:  Will ttc in the New Year!

Waiting for AF:  
mamatina
Hannah  
Naf

Lina: CD3
Jmh2005: CD5
Pyar:  CD11  (waiting for an egg donor match!!!)
ad_06:  CD12 (Follie Check Today!)  
Candie:  CD15

Keyan: 13DPO!!!
scripps:  13dpt (beta Today!)
******************************************************************************************
sbumblebeeo:  Thanks :)  Yes, I can't wait for yours & my anatomy scans!  Will they check your cervix length that day, too?  I think you should ask or ask your doc beforehand to suggest it.  That's how I got mine checked.  I'm sorry you had such a scare!  I know it's reassuring to have at least your doc check to see you're still closed up! ;)  When the high risk doc checked my cervix length, it was done via vaginal u/s & it was a doc and u/s tech in the room.  They mentioned being careful with the u/s wand just in case there was already "funneling", meaning the cervix is starting to open, because the wand could make it worse.  Just hearing that made me think NO SEX!  Luckily all was well with mine, but I'm with the rest of you.  Dh and I have not had sex since we found out I was pregnant.  We can wait til our babies are safely home :)  Just a few more days for you!!! :)

Keyan:  Thanks =)  I'm with luvkayln, I'm stalking your chart too & it looks GREAT!!! =)  I know how you feel about buying hpts.  It's not something you want to explain to anyone, so I would always buy them in between work and home ;)  I'm really excited for you & I will definitely keep rubbing my belly for luck!!!  I know it worked for me when Stacey & luvkayln rubbed theirs for me :)  

Pyar:  Good luck with the bloodwork!!!

scripps:  Good luck with your beta! :)

ad_06:  I hope your appt goes well today & you have lots of follies ready to go this cycle! =)  Update asap!

kmcarino:  Good luck today!

luvkayln:  I'm so glad to hear that dh won't need surgery!  What a relief! :)  Now he can relax with you & get all set for Addy's arrival.  Thank God he'll be able to hold his baby when she's born =)  We're already coming up on another u/s for you!!!  Time is just flying by =)

Okay, ladies. I'm not freaking out or anything, but my babies need a few extra prayers ;) My ob/gyn called to let me know the bloodwork I did last week came back positive for Down's Syndrome... It doesn't mean one or both babies will have it, but just that I'm at a higher risk. My results came back as 1/54. At my age & the stage in my pregnancy, my results should be 1/150 or higher. So, we scheduled an amnio for our appt next Wed. The anatomy scan can show findings for Down's or other problems, but can also miss 20%. So, we'll meet with the genetic counselor, do the anatomy scan & the amnio. It'll be a long day, hopefully not too emotional... I'm wondering if my testing was done with knowledge I'm having twins or if that even makes a difference. Just 6 days to go...
mommyin10-  OMG!  I am so sorry that you didn't get great results of no chance of DS.  Just one more thing to worry about.  I will definetly have you in my thoughts when I go to sleep tonight and pray it all turns out to just be a scare!  

Chin up, positive thoughts...

XOXO
Thanks :) I'm staying positive & will hope for great results next week. I read that there's a greater chance of a false positive when you simply do a blood test, as well as my age. So, with the amnio & anatomy scan next week, we should have some answers :) Thanks for your sweet comments. :)
mommyin10- I am sorry about yoru blood work results, but like you said, it does not mean that either oen of the babies has Downs.  I really hope that the amniop and anatomy scan will show that both babies are healthy.

AFM, I have some sad news.  Baby B did not make it.  We did nto see or hear the heart beat.  I was confident that I would hear both heart beats today since we saw Baby B's heart rate last week, but the doctor could not see the baby at all...just the yolk sac.   She called my regular doctor and he wants me to come in next week to have him scan me.  I don't know what difference that will make but I have to get blood work anyway for the CVS.  I am so sad that I lost this baby.  This was probably the one that does not have the disorder.