Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community

birth control

I was on implanon birth control for about a year and i jus got it out on january 6 and i had unprotected sex today on january 7 and my last period just ended on the 4th is it possible for me to get pregnant that fast
Hi there,
The chances of conceiving before and after periods are less but not unlikely. A sperm can survive for 3-4 days in the female reproductive tract so a woman can conceive anytime during her cycles. You should wait for your periods. If they are delayed take up pregnancy test. If pregnancy test is negative other causes of delayed periods like hormonal imbalances, thyroid disorders should be considered.In that case you may need tests like hormonal assay, pelvic scan etc.Treatment will depend on the underlying cause. Hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!