Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community

did anyone take provera to induce period? how long it took?

hi,
I have just started provera to induce my period. Has anyone taken it and how long it took to get period
hey, i have taken provera to induce my period plenty of times for me it was 10pills and i get it either the last day of the dosage or one day afther the last dosge my advise is that you will know when is about to come you can really feel it in the last few days of your dosage i hope this helps.
The dr told me that right after provera I will start second INV. I wonder if it is good to start the procedure when the period is induced. Are the eggs quality going to be good?
Has anyone had that situation? how did it come out?
I TOOK PROVERA FOR THE SAME REASON.  THIS IS MY FIRST TIME.  I HAVE BEEN OFF OF IT (10 PILLS) FOR 5 DAYS NOW. LOTS OF CRAMPING & FEELING LIKE I AM ABOUT TO START, BUT NOTHING YET.  MY MD SAID IT CAN TAKE ANYWHERE FROM 3 DAYS TO A WEEK AFTER STOPPING THE PILL TO START YOUR PERIOD.  I SURE HOPE IT WORKS....FOR BOTH OF US.  WE HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR A BABY FOR 6 MONTHS NOW!  LET ME KNOW HOW IT WORKS FOR YOU.  GOOD LUCK.
I have taken provera 6 or 7 times.  Every time but one I got my period within 1-3 days of stopping it.  However, the last time it took nearly TEN days!  I was freaking out and thought my body had gone into early menopause.  Based on doing it so many other times I was sure something was wrong.  It finally came.

So try to relax.  I'm sure it will happen.  I think I started stressing about it so much that you know how they say stress can keep your period away?  Well I almost think that might have been what happened!  Hang in there!  
Hey everyone, I also started taking provera recently. My fiance and i have been trying for a baby for about a year now, i misscarried in june of 08 then i had a dermoid cyst the size of a grapefruit on my left ovary. That along with the ovary and tube were removed in nov. of 08.

Ok well I didnt't have a period all summer from june till sept. and in sept all i did was spot. So my doc says he wants to try me out on the provera in oct then in dec start me on clomid.

I know get to the point right well i started the pills oct. 20th took 10 of them, but i didnt have a period till Nov. 9th and it only lasted 2 days.

Right now I am in the middle of the second dosage of the provera or should i say the second month, and for the past 2 weeks or so I have been getting sick to my stomach then last night i noticed my breasts were leaking not alot but enough to notice. I am beyond confused i took a test it came back negative. I don't know whats going on with my body! honestly i feel as if I could infact be pregnant but how?
I think that just is the symptoms of provera both leaking breast and tenderness hope this helps
thanks everyone. I took 2 pills so far and I do not feel anything. Hope I get my period soon. Good luck to you all