found more :)
Supplements like FertilAid for Men contain proven fertility-enhancing ingredients that have been shown to support key sperm parameters like motility and count.
Clinical studies continue to demonstrate that antioxidants, the amino acid, l-carnitine, and minerals like zinc an selenium help promote sperm motility and concentration. A recent (2007) FertilAid for Men study further substantiates these claims.
L-Carnitine plays a vital role in spermatogenesis & sperm development - and in ensuring the maintenance of sperm quality and vitality. L-carnitine supports the metabolic processes of sperm and therefore helps sustain normal motility.
Antioxidants scour damaging free radicals from our systems. Free radicals cause oxidative stress to tissues and may impair vital cellular and metabolic processes, including spermatogenesis. There are many antioxidant forms, including vitamins like C and E, as well as natural agents like Grapeseed Extract. Numerous studies indicate that supplements rich in antioxidants can dramatically improve male reproductive health and boost sperm counts.
• Needless to say, bad health will lead to a compromised sperm count. If you are TTC, you should refrain from illicit drug use, quit smoking, and moderate or quit drinking alcohol.
• On the topic of sound health, consider cutting out unhealthy processed foods and switch to a high protein diet rich in vegetables and whole grains but low in fats. Organic foods when possible are also suggested!
• Regular exercise is also a big part of a healthy lifestyle and will reduce stress hormones that may damage sperm. Getting in shape is good idea for fertility in general for both women and men. At the same time, over-exercise can be detrimental, and in particular avoid any exercises that my impact or stress the testicles. If you're an avid cycler, make sure you don't ride too much. A doctor can tell you more. Also consider stress-reducing exercise like yoga, tai chi, or meditation practice.
• If you have a documented sperm count issue, then timing intercourse and regulating the frequency of sex (to around three day intervals) may be advised. However, your doctor can provide you with more specific details based on your unique circumstances.
• Its been suggested that sperm counts are highest during the morning hours. That would mean having procreative sex in morning to afternoon hours.
• Heat can compromise sperm health. Avoid hot-tubs and even tight underwear! Switch to jockey shorts and ensure a cool climate for the swimmers.
• Consider supplements like FertilAid for Men. When it comes to sperm health, minerals like zinc & selenium, amino acids like l-carnitine, and antioxidants like Vitamin C and Vitamin E are very crucial to sperm health. L-carnitine is particularly important for sperm motility. A recent clinical study revealed that FertilAid increased both sperm motility and count.
here's some intresting things i just found:
Abstain from sex 2-3 days before ovulation starts (e.g. if ovulation starts on 14th day, abstain from sex on 11th, 12th and 13th days). This sex abstinence helps to built up more sperm and increase its concentration, which is necessary for conception to occur.
3. Try to relax more, as relaxation relieves stress (stress is detrimental for fertility).
4. Watch what you eat. For better fertility it is recommended to have a good balance diet : lean meat, grains, beans, vegetables, tofu, fish and eggs. Try to have fresh fruits and vegetables every day.
5. If you are overweight- lose weight. Losing weight will increase your fertility significantly.
6.Exercise is important for stress management, losing weight (for those who overweight) and for general well being. This pre-conception care concerning yourself and your partner will improve your chances to conceive and have a healthy baby.
ok and here's something about increasing sperm motility
Traditional medicine does not provide any drug for this purpose, but you can try natural methods , which proved to be helpful to some men.
- Vitamin C is thought to increase the number and speed of the sperm. Take 500 mg twice a day.
-Arginine . This amino acid can improve sperm count and motility. Take 4000mg a day. Do not take Arginine unless under supervision of your medical doctor. Do not take Arginine if you have Genital Herpes or if you are using lysine supplements.
-Zink. Low sperm count can be boosted with Zinc . Take it 30 mg a day for 4 months.
-Astragalus. This herb can improve sperm motility. You should follow recommendations on the label.
hope this helps...ill keep searching though
im not sure....but heck...google has become my best friend...let me see what i can find there