Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community

hypothyroidism??

Hai. I have been ttc since 6months. After I stopped the birth control I had two regular periods in the next two months but after that my periods started to delay. I even missed a month. Took a Hpt too but was always negative. Last month I learned that my TSH is 6. Is this the cause for all this?  I have always been a regular in case of monthly periods. I Appreciate your answer. Thank u.
Delayed menses can be due to various factors like hormonal changes like hypothyroidism, raised prolactin levels and PCOS or due to sudden weight gain, change in environment etc. TSH of 6 may indicate hypothyroidism, however further evaluation is necessary.
The answer is based on information provided. Exact advice is not possible without a proper examination and investigations. You are requested to consult your Doctor. Take care and keep us posted.
Thank you Ms Sanjivani.
I would recommend that you get with your doctor and make sure they know you are trying to get pregnant. It can be difficult to conceive when you have hypothyroidism. Your doctor can put you on a pill like Synthroid. This will help your TSH levels and hopefully stop this from interfering with you getting pregnant (if this is what is causing the issue).
Thank you Heather4800. Just another doubt. How likely is it that this sudden thyroid will affect my fertility? I had always been regular.
There is a decent chance it will.  However, once you start taking Synthroid and everything gets even out you shouldn't have problems.
Well I am actually taking thyronorm 25mcg everyday since almost two months. Missed my periods in Jan. How long does it take for the pills to work on the body and set the cycles right?