Aa
A
A
A
Close
Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community
23.3k Members

inplanation bleeding or something else

hey guys me and my husband have been ttc for awhile now and this month i did not get my period. i was suppose to get it on the 6th but nothing and then on the 9th i started spotting light brownish like old blood but i did even have to use a tampon tmi. or a pad i only saw it when i wiped . TMI I KNOW BUT
this was for 2 days only the 11 i stopped spotting . is this what they call inplantation bleeding or something i also forgot to say that my period has always been like clock work every month.thank you for any help
265 Responses
also did a pg today but neg is it to soon to tell
221731 tn?1199296760
Sounds like implantation bleeding but you'll never know for sure until you test positive.  It all depends on the sensitivity of your test if it's too early.  Some women don't test positive until after AF is due.   So, good luck and keep testing!!
i was due for period on th 6th nothing and then on the 9th spotting but no period
229947 tn?1217214896
I have been spotting for about 4-5 days before my peroid for the last 5 months and it's driving me  NUTS!!!  I always think it's implantation bleeding and then I am always disappointed.  I was wondering if ANYONE out there has ever had this consistant problem every month but still been able to concieve and if you did get pregnant did you spot that month???????  PLEASE SOMEONE RESPOND

I hope for you it IS actually implantation bleeding but I always hate that I think that :)
229760 tn?1291471470
Hi, I too am a spotter. I have been spotting for about 10 months straight!  I did manage to get pg, but it ended in mc.  When I found out I was pg, I did not believe bc I had so much spotting I thought I was on my period.  I talked to my doctor about this and he said it was normal, it was just hormones.  Not very helpful I know, but at least it is not uncommon! Best Of Luck!
223173 tn?1189759426
I would get spotting before my period too...not all the time, though.  I was on Clomid this cycle and this morning, I saw blood on the tissue...it's dark blood, but there was a lot of it, and there was no way that it is implantation bleeding.  I feel that this is really AF showing its ugly head--again! So, I guess you will have to wait a little bit longer.  If you still do not get your period, go ahead and test again...if possible a blood pregnancy test to be more accurate.  (I said that because when I first got pregnant with my 5-year-old daughter, all of my urine pregnancy tests were negative until I was 20 weeks pregnant.  Unbelievable, but true...my doctor's explanation was, I was not producing as much HCG as I was supposed to.  The test could not detect it from my urine.)
Have an Answer?
Top Trying to Conceive Answerers
5875562 tn?1410902486
miami, FL
4769306 tn?1568493809
NC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Many couples are turning to acupuncture to treat infertility. But does it work? We take a closer look.
Does exercise really lower fertility? We take a look at 8 common myths about fertility.
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.
Is your biological clock sounding the alarm? Dr. Elaine Brown explains new advances in egg freezing.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.