A
A
A
Close
Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community
23.4k Members
6680083 tn?1419437903

trying to get pregnant like crazy

i have been trying to get pregnant from january but i do not have a period every month. my doc put me on clostilbegyt which finish on the 25th of last month and now i have been spotting/streak not heavy bleeding just a lite pinkish colour. dont know what is the problem .
3 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
Clomid is commonly prescribed for irregular ovulation. The commonest cause of bleeding between periods or after intercourse is hormonal imbalance. The two hormones regulating a woman’s cycle are estrogen and progesterone. If they get out of balance, one may have spotting. Dysfunctional ovaries as in PCOD, thyroid gland problems, and starting and stopping birth control pills or any other birth control method can all affect your hormone balance. Clomid can also cause spotting, or abnormal menstrual bleeding, as a side effect .Depending on your detailed symptoms and medical history your doctor may recommend a pelvic examination and tests like urine examination, pregnancy test ,pap smear and other cervical screening tests. Only after a detailed clinical evaluation the cause can be determined. You need to discuss with your gynecologist about the cause of your irregular periods and other concerns. I hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!
6680083 tn?1419437903
the spotting only last for 3 days.
6680083 tn?1419437903
okay
Have an Answer?
Top Trying to Conceive Answerers
5875562 tn?1410898886
miami, FL
4769306 tn?1568490209
NC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Many couples are turning to acupuncture to treat infertility. But does it work? We take a closer look.
Does exercise really lower fertility? We take a look at 8 common myths about fertility.
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.
Is your biological clock sounding the alarm? Dr. Elaine Brown explains new advances in egg freezing.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.