Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community

what to expect after ectopic??

I had surgery late saturday evening for an ectopic pregnancy..  This was my second m/c this year.  I don't know what to expect.  The dr took out my tube and pregnancy but I don't have any bleeding..  when will I start??  will I have severe cramping and how ling will it last??  I feel so alone as I write this.  I think it just hit me I lost another baby... the dr said I can try in three months..  I don't know if I can handle another loss..  This is the first I've cried since Saturday..  I expected to m/c as I was told I would..  so I thought I was prepared enough but how do I get through this...thanks for listening...
I am sorry for your loss. my best friend had an ectopic preg. that ruptured her tube about 6 or so years ago. She went off the pill the same time as i did this year (feb), her and her fiance got preg in July (around the time I m/c crazy huh?) Her preg is going well She is about 18 weeks preg now:) she didnt think she would be able to get preg easily. But she did. Just give your self time to rebound from this emotionally.

You know you can always count on us here.

Nadine
I am sorry to hear of your loss. It is a definite hard thing to go thru, both physically and emotionally.
When I had my first ectopic in 2000, in which they removed my right tube as it was severely damaged, I was extremely bloated (tmi, but I would actualy fart as I walked down the hallway of the hospital, not funny then I can chuckle now finally), had extreme cramping for about a week or two, bled for a good 4 weeks post op, which included clots and a greyish matter.
Emotionally, I still haven't been able to get over it, as ironically as this sounds, but have also experienced a second tubal 6 years later to the exact month. I may be speaking on my own behalf, but I still feel that something is missing.
Physically, I was unable to have anything inserted into my area (including tampons) for a duration of 8-12 weeks post-op. And to refrain from work that entailed me to require lifting anything over 5 - 10 lbs for at least 6 weeks (I still rearranged my living room 4 days after I was released from the hospital. I need to keep busy)
In regards to this on the mental side, I found that if you can find a reason, any reason, to laugh or make someone else, in a sense it helps for you to recover, a bit. (That is why I include little notes in parenthesis, hoping you can once find your laugh).
I don't know if this answers your question, but I really hope that it helps. (PS. It gives a good reason for your man to REALLY take care of you, they best way he knows how, and THAT is important. Not being silly either)  ((HUGS)) and wish you all the best.
So sorry to hear how things turned out.
Don't have any insight on ectopics....I had a "presumed" one in August...and got Metho. shot.

give yourself time to heal... physically and emotionally, and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I had eptopic 11 years ago and it 14 weeks before we found out. It was terrible, I had to have the tube removed as it had ruptured. I know how you feel, I know the feeling of being alone, trust me you are not alone in this. I didnt have any bleeding afterwards at all. I had some cramping and my cycle came back as normal within 2 months. I have since had two healthy prenancies and 1 other M/C I am currently pregnant with 3rd but only 5 weeks into it.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Well I had my laparotomy, that removed the baby and my right tube on a sunday around midnight, I didn't start painless bleeding until the following Saturday.  However the next day (Sunday, one week after the surgery) I had excruciating pain, that came in contractions (It felt like the pain you have when you are having a miscarriage), and that was to expel some grey matter that I believe was the placenta, after it was expelled I stopped having pain within 10 minutes.  Then I continued bleeding for another 5 days, the last two days was only spotting.

Hope this helps.
I fotgot to add that this was October 8th and I still haven't gotten af yet.