Aa
A
A
A
Close
Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community
23.4k Members

when to take baby asprin

hello ive had multi ivf faliure due to no implantation. everything else is fine. top grade mebryos etc. i have found out i have elevated cardiolipin antibodies in my blood. ive read that this means sticky blood and can stop implantation of embryo. ive read that baby asprin can help with this. im going for my next cycle end of july. when should i start taking baby asprin....my doctor doesnt believe taking baby asprin will make any difference, but im clinigy onto anything... he said its up to me if i want to take it or not.... but when do i start taking it.... please advise
7 Responses
134578 tn?1578157483
If memory serves, I began to take it a week or so before transfer.
1117711 tn?1296827938
I have the same issue, top grade embryos but no implantation.

Last IVF I started aspirin with my stims. Actually you are not supposed to do that in IVF, but I did it as we were preparing for an IUI and it was changed into IVF at the last minute. At that time it was too late to do anything, and because of my thin blood I bled a lot in the ER procedure and it was very painful afterwards. Blood tests were also a problem as I got huge marks each time I had one done.

This time, I started aspirin the same day as my ET. But I've heard that you can start a few days before also. Hope this helps,
Sam.
I take it daily because of a blood mutation problem but according to my office they have you start day after transfer.  Good Luck
1345697 tn?1430619021
My RE actually had me start aspirin the first day I started Lupron injections. I took aspirin through my entire cycle up to my first u/s. Worked for me. Hope it does for you, too.  Good luck!
1305677 tn?1300819420
My doc put me on asprin the day of transfer.

Good luck.
Day of transfer for me both ivf's
1356103 tn?1332593195
Started it while taking my injections
Have an Answer?
Top Trying to Conceive Answerers
5875562 tn?1410898886
miami, FL
4769306 tn?1568490209
NC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Many couples are turning to acupuncture to treat infertility. But does it work? We take a closer look.
Does exercise really lower fertility? We take a look at 8 common myths about fertility.
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.
Is your biological clock sounding the alarm? Dr. Elaine Brown explains new advances in egg freezing.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.