Welcome & Introduce yourself to the Fibromyalgia/CFS Forum!
Hello and welcome to the Fibromyalgia/CFS forum on MedHelp. This forum is a place for people to come and share experiences with FMS and CFS. Some of you may have a diagnosis from your doctor, some of you may be seeking an answer for undiagnosed symptoms and some of you may be a relative or friend of one who is suffering. This is a great place to learn more and to gain support from others who suffer as well.

In addition to the community here, MedHelp also offers tools to help you and your doctor in your road to wellness. Fibromyalgia and CFS can be so intricate and can have so many different symptoms. Due to this, it is very helpful that MedHelp offers health trackers for us to utilize. We can track our progress and especially our flare ups. Below are just a few trackers that I find useful.

• CFS/FMS Tracker - http://www.medhelp.org/land/health-trackers
• Pain Tracker - http://www.medhelp.org/land/pain-tracker
• Mood Tracker - http://www.medhelp.org/land/mood-tracker
• Weight Tracker - http://www.medhelp.org/land/track-weight-loss

MedHelp also offers a plethora of “encyclopedia style” information available through the Health Topics tab at the top of the page. If you follow the links below you can learn more about Fibromyalgia and CFS, both topics of which are available on MedHelp.

http://www.medhelp.org/medical-information/show/124/Fibromyalgia

http://www.medhelp.org/medical-information/show/636?section_id=27670#sec_27670

I urge you to introduce yourself below and tell us a little about what brought you to the Fibromyalgia/CFS Forum. Again, welcome to MedHelp and the Fibromyalgia/CFS forum!

Sincerely,

Your Community Leader,
Dustybrown
I am so glad to have found this site.  It is difficult to talk to anyone who does not feel this never ending pain.  They try so hard to understand, but I think after a while they get so uncomfortable that they no longer want to hear how you are actually feeling.  I was injured in 1994.  I have never been the same.  I had a cervical spine fusion in 2007.  Now, the pain seems to worsen by the day.
Thank you all for being here.  I hope that one day we won't even need sites like this one, but for today I am happy to meet you all.
Fibromyalgia / CFS Community .
This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), and pain management.
Post a Question Back to Forum .Stop watching  | Email this

Email this page to a friendFriend's Email:Your Name:Your Email:Message:Enter the code shown:.Submitting Send Email ...    

Discussions

Health Pages

Trackers & Calculators

Members
.. Post a Question Back to Forum .Stop watching  | Email this  

.... MedHelp Member's Question  Reported Report
SpamMiscategorizedAbuseReally in pain+ need a doc to continue to prescribe my "unique" pain meds
by Merri36, 2 hours ago
Hi. My name is Merri, 36, from Boston, MA. Single mom of a loving, amazing 12 yo boy. Got diagnosed with MS in 1999(when my son was 11 months), diagnosed with Fibro 6 years ago along with a "mixed connective tissue disorder"(I realized later that means the rheumatologist sees "evidence" of a Lupus lapover, but my bloodwork says differently..I dont get it either, but...I feel dead inside. I have no "life" inside.. I remember who I was..it hurts.. soo many losses... I'm on an antidepressant, have benn for a longg time..I wish it worked. Other than that, I am in my own medical emergency... horrible, scary, another roadblock

I was prescribed Methadone for pain about 5 years ago..I remember before I strated that, I wass crying, always in agonizing pain..everywhere.. I've been thru Vicodin, Percocet and Oxycodone..no effect on my pain, except when I stopped the oxycodone, I did suffer withdrawals, it was terrible (and I was packing and moving with my son out of one apartment to one closer to his school..it sucked) Now I may have to go through having to stop Methadone, against my will.. Here's the short version(I never seem to have a short version. I'm sorry. And thank you, in advance, for taking time to read this far!)

Here's my problem now, and if anyone can possibly help me, please

I was sick..I say that when Fibro is kicking my a**... and couldn't get to my neurologist appointment(again)
A day later, I got a call from the office manager that they dismissed me as a patient! I was upset..then I remembered, sh*#, she's the one prescibing my Lyrica and Methadone! What am I going to do? I put up a fight with the office manager, asked to at least speak to my neuro, she said, NO..it was an efn nightmare..add more stress!!
I called after crying for a couple days to fill my Baclofen..I was told that the neuro would fill my prescriptions this month, but I needed to find a new neuro in 30 days.. It takes weeks to find the right doctor and get an appointment! My Primary madeit very clear she can not prescribe Methadone...It is literally the Only med that has helped this pain..it's an evil drug though..I've gone through the horrible withdrawals before..I tried so hard..but realized.. I'd be bed-ridden without it...

Soo, forget the short version!..I Need to find a doctor in the Boston area who Will prescribe the only med that has kept me able to walk... I have bad days.. pain everywhere.. even on this med, but it takes the edge off..

In the meantime..I have been referred to a neurologist and have an appt in February..still don't know if he'll prescribe it yet.

I count on my mother, she's great, but she forgot to pick up the script for the last Methadone from my doctor, who dismissed me..soo, Now I am going thru withdrawals..I took my last dose yest morning..I take it 2x a day, 20mg in the am, 30mg in the pm..I'm a mess..mom will be here soon..I am so sick and now realize how sick I will be without the Only medication that has Ever helped me when I can't find a doc to prescribe it. I Am Petrified right now..I am in so much pain, sweating, you name it..

I HATE this prison Fibromyalgia has me in..I look @ pictures from 6 years ago..I was vibrant, full of life, I brought my son Everywhere..now, I'm in pjs most of the week..I HATE where I am in life...I compensate for Thomas..he's the reason I'm still here, I believe...

So, that's a nutshell..If you only knew the rest..uuggh..

Sorry this is so long..
Hope you are all okay, I know this disease..it hurts everwhere...and everything

Be well,
Merri
Hello everyone! I am new to Medhelp and look forward to meeting people with Fibromyalgia and learning what other people are doing to feel better. I have chronic pain in my left shoulder, left arm, neck, and upper back. Recently I have started experiencing some of these issues on the right side but the main region of pain is left sided. I am always tired and often I do not even want to get outta bed no matter how many hours I slept. I often have a weakened hot and cold feeling through my painful areas and I can never stay in one position for very long. I have a constant crunching/grinding feeling/sound over the left shoulder and back. I am currently on a 100mcg Duragesic patch and Savella for pain control. I use to take Cymbalta until I found that it caused increased migraines. Cymbalta helped tremendously. I was weened down to a 50mcg Duragesic patch which always lasted the full 3 days and I found myself with much more energy as well. Since I have been off this I have noticed my pain has significantly increased and my patches (which were increased to 100mcg) never seem to last the entire 3 days there suppose to. I am more tired as well. I was started on 50mg Savella twice daily and for the past 6 weeks there has been no improvement.

I have had several MRI's as well as various labs etc. and everything seems to be normal which is very frusterating because I know I am in pain which is NOT NORMAL. I have even had Doctors whom your suppose to trust and confide in treat me like im a drug seeker and liar. This really hurts because if they don't believe who will? I finally found an Internal Medicine doctor who did listen and has tried to help me the best way he knows how. The problem? I am not quite sure he is qualified to help me and in fact didnt assess me for those classic "tender/trigger points" I so often read about. He ordered tests etc and when nothing else could explain the pain and fatigue he diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia. I often worry because I don't believe I have trigger/tender points and in fact have even read that it is a must to exhibit these in order to make a firm Fibromyalgia diagnosis. Recently I have suffered from consistent, severe migraines that can last off and on over an week. My neurologist has referred me to a Fibromyalgia specialist so I guess I will ask him these questions. But if it isn't Fibromyalgia, what could it possibly be? Weird thing is in 2005 when I had back surgery to correct a L5-S1 disc herniationas soon as I healed from the surgery, I had all these problems.

I feel like my life is falling apart. I am a RN and absolutley love my job; however, I have had to take the last 8 weeks off because I hurt so bad. This has caused tention among my co-workers because the unit is understaffed. I feel like not many people really understand me. I am very very VERY lucky to have a wonderful Husband who really tries to understand and take care of me, as well as children who help me. There are still things my Husband doesnt understand but he sure tries. I feel tired all the time which makes doing even the small things hard to do. I am hoping to make friendships in this forum, as well as gain knowledge too. I also want to be a blessing to someone else, and who knows maybe even I may have some answers to questions!!

Megan

I have just been clinically diagnosed with Fibromyalgia by a Rheumatoid specialist.He interstingly told me that I am double jointed, and because my joints all overextend, it causes the muscles attached to the joints to ache.
It is finally an answer to all my pain and fatigue, but a bit diheartening that there is no cure.
I have had a bone scan of my body and a heap of blood tests done, to rule out some other things, and go back to get the results, and see what steps I am to take now, in 3 weeks time.
I have constant pain in my neck, both shoulders, my upper, mid and lower back, both hips, and both legs and into my butt cheeks, and suffer from regular headaches.. The pain is bad all over, but somewhat worse on my left side. I also have IBS. I get extremely tired, and my body just doesn't want to move, and I always want to sleep. I also have problems with B12 deficiency (get injections), which makes me feel worse.
I try and exercise a few times a week, if I can, it sometimes makes me worse.
I am so over feeling this way, in pain, tired, I just wish I was normal.....
I feel for each and every one of you that lives with the same symptoms.....
Hello Group, I'm John and have had neck and shoulder pain for a couple of years continuously and intermittently for twenty. My shoulder and neck have knots and tight bands all the time.  Although my GP told me I don't have fibromyalgia, I'm suspicious.  I've had an MRI, and have no disc issues.  Massage makes it feel better temporarily, and cold, lack of sleep, and exercise makes it worse.  When I took an anti-depressant for migraine headache, my back muscles relaxed.   I can't help but to think it's related to, if not FM.   Any thoughts are appreciated.
Hi everyone, I hope I am posting this correctly. My name is Arlene and I have FM. I'm hoping to connect with people who can understand my struggles. I'm married, have two wonderful sons and am an RN. I work full time but some days it's so hard to get to work. Right now I'm recovering from a flare and just feel like I weigh 500 lbs and am walking under water. I'm at work and thankfully my coworkers have been so supportive of me. I'm glad to find this group!
Hello Everyone,

I am excited about joining this site because, well, sometimes you just need to vent and share and only other Fibro/CFS sufferes truly understand.  I am new to Medhelp but not new to Fibromyalgia.  My diagnosis was about two years ago, and confirmed with three "second opionions."  I had a major car accident 3.5 years ago which I believe started the fibrmyalgia, migraines, stress, insomnia, etc.  
I look forward to sharing my experiences and hearing about yours!
Thank you kindly,
Super Sunny
Hi, My name is Sass, Really!!! I am new to this forum but old to Fibro!!!  Just wanted to introduce myself at this time.  I have many issues, ha who doesn't , Right!  Right Now I am having some Thryoid problems and awaiting a Ultrasound and biopsy.  Docs have me on 100mg Savellan twice daily for my Fibro.

I'm back again. Went back to my specialist. All other tests were negative, thank god.
So I have Fibro, and he said mild osteo arthritis also.
Wanted me to go off TRAMADOL, or said in another 6 month's I would be a "Junkie", which made me mad! It doesn't get rid of my pain, but masks some of it.
He asked me to take Meloxicam (anti-inflamatory), Endep and Panadol Osteo. And to take tremal as well, only if needed.
I started on them last Thursday night, and woke up Friday morning in SOOOOOO much more pain! I had to take a tramadol or I wouldn't have been able to go to work....
And I also did this Friday and Saturday. Was in ALOT more pain than normal all weekend, scattered, massive stomach cramps and nausea.
By Monday, I rang chemist and spoke to them and they agreed to go of all meds and start back on Tramadol again twice a day, and see my doctor. Was doing my head in!
I went to the doctors next day, she agreed, and said he gave me too much all at once.
She told me to take tramadol as normal, and just the anti-inflammatory (to see if that's what made me so sick), so far it's been ok. Then in a few weeks, if it is, she may try me on half dose of Endep (which I DO NOT WANT AGAIN!!!!) or Lyrica, as she thinks I also need to get off tramadol, and have a muscle relaxant to sleep at night. My sleeping pattern is shocking......
We have to keep trying different meds until one works, and get me off Tramadol, but I do not want to suffer any more than I am in the meantime.....
I have done one night of aqua aerobics and going again tonight. Specialist advised me to do so.....It still hurt, like all exercise, so I will see how I go with that in time.
I really feel for all other Fibro sufferers who are going through the same every day....
Hi. I'm really glad that I found you on here! I have been sick for so long, and the Doctors can't seem to figure out what exactly it is that i have. I spend most of my time in bed. I'm always tired, always have fatigue, And most always have constant dizziness. I also have stiffness in my neck quite frequently, and something crazy goin on with my wrists, they like pop, for no reason alot, and they get sore at times. I always feel really weak. And even after having a full nights sleep, I feel like i haven't slept at all, most times. Some days, when i feel a little better, I'll do some cleaning, etc. and then i feel like a got hit with a ton of bricks afterward, like i overdid it somehow. When i take a shower, I get faint and have to sit to rinse my hair out. I am so tired of this, and soooo frustrated! I lost my job a couple yrs. ago, due to excessive absences...bc i was sick ALL the time! I haven't worked since then! and It's so hard! I don't know what to do about it! I think I have cfs, but due to lack of funding, they don't really study it anymore, therefore, Drs. don't diagnose it!!!! I don't understand that! ALSO: I just found out, a while back, that I have a kidney disease. My Nephrologist swore that it was LUPUS! I went in for a biopsy. and was diagnosed with GLOMERULOSCLEROSIS. Dr got a second opinion from a mayo clinic...same results. But he still was adament, that he thought i had lupus. So he sat up an appointment for me with a Rheumatologist. However, at my last appt.(last week). He told me that he "changed his mind"!!! I swear to you those were his exact words! Was trying to be funny. However, he says that there's so much scarring on my one kidney(i have one that's bigger than usual and one smaller than usual).But he says that my larger one is being made to work too hard...? He said It's like when you go jogging, and run out of breath...my larger kidnney is 'jogging', and needs to slow down before it stops functioning. That scared the cr@p outta me! So anyway, he put me on LISINOPRIL. It's for high blood, which I do not have. but he gave it to me for two reasons.1,) because i have an excessive amt. of protein in my urine (proteinuria), which is how they initially realized i have a kidney disease. Well the BP med is supposed to filter some of that protein out(?) or something,,,he hopes. And 2.) It's suppose to help slow down my kidney, so that it's not working so hard. However, I told him that I didn't think it would be a good idea for me to take high bp meds, bc for one, I don't have high blood pressure, and two, it'll make me weaker than i already am. So he suggested the lowest dosage for me(2.5mg), and told me to only take half of the pill for the first 2 days. and that I should be supervised while taking it, and call him if anything goes wrong. As far as the other, (the symptoms i have), he wants me to keep my appt. with the Rheumatologist, tell them that "he changed his mind about the lupus, bc there's absolutly not sign of lupus in my kidneys), But that he still wants them to run tests on me, to check for FIBROMYALGIA, or anything else that may be causing my symptoms. He went on to say(when i mention chronic fatigue syndrome), that he had never heard of it, so i gave him a paper i printed off the internet, that describes it...He said that there aren't any DRS. that specialize in CFS; and that i would probably have better luck discussing that with my Regular Dr. and see if she knows anything about it or can diagnose me with it. He says that he understands that i'm frustrated, due to all the tests they've done, without any specified diagnosis (although i was diagnosed with glomerulosclerosis, it doesn't mean i have it, he says, it's just because there is alot of scarring on my kidneys). So I'm at a loss...He says that all in all, my medical condition is a mystery!  WHAT?
If there is any advise that you can give me AT ALL please let me know.
Sorry for taking up so much of your time, I really just don't know what to do about all of this.
Hi again.
Well after my last post, I could not take Endep, pain so much worse. Too many side effects....
So, next try - Lyrica 75mg (twice a day) Only the night one at first, and still Tramadol in the morning, 6 x panadol osteo, and 1/2 Meloixam at night. Then Doctor wanted me to take a Lyrica in the morning as well, and stop the "ever so bad" drug (so they say) - Tramadol.
OMG! At first, I was hopeful, and thought Lyrica is wonderful, but no, I haven't even started 2 a day yet, and I can't take them!
The side effects have been: Terrible gassy stomach cramps through the night, severe overheating/sweating then shivering and diareah (think I spelt that wrong) x 3 every morning, and this morning (after starting on them 4 night's ago), 11 hours after taking tablet, so drowsy/high almost fell out of bed, and could hardly walk, and still feel very drowsy now, 16 hours after taking it......
How she expects me to take one in the morning and drive a car and function at work I do not know, when I felt VERY intoxicated!
I took yesterday and today off work, and will now fall behind, which will cause me to stres, which will make me worse. I can't really afford to not go to work......At least I could function much better taking Tramadol, But she and my specialist DO NOT want me to keep taking it! I can see why they say this, but what else am I supposed to do. Sometimes I feel like stopping ALL meds, and seeing how I go, but I know that would be just STUPID!
Going back to her this afternoon to see "what now"
Is anyone else going through similar?
I have had FM (or something like it) for more than half my life now, and I am in excruciating pain 24 hrs. a day, it never gets better, it never goes away. I don't even know if I have FM or not, but my symptoms seem similar. I've never gotten any treatment that works from a doctor. I take large numbers of Excedrin Migraines every day to function, and at night I drink large amounts of tonic water (the quinine relieves pain a little).The doctor I see now seems mainly concerned about my cholesterol level, which seems like deck chairs on the titanic to me.I have tried all the antidepressants including savella and have had terrible reactions from all of them. No doctor I have ever been to has ever given me effective pain medication. I am unfortunate that I have great pain tolerance, as this makes it seem as though I am not as ill as I actually am. I put great pressure on myself to work as hard as I can at everything I do, but no one else sees this. Recently I've noticed that small lumps or cysts appear near my joints if I strain them too much. Has this happened to anyone else? I tried looking it up, and got something about "Brody's syndrome". Does anyone know anything about this?
I'd like to introduce myself, my name is Jessica and I'm new to this forum. I was diagnosed with FMS when I was 17, though I started feeling this way at 14 or 15. I'm now 23 and the disease has started to have a severe negative impact on my life. I am unable to even persuade myself to get out of bed most days and am now finding myself unable to open bottles/zipppers without it being excruciatingly painful. My entire body feels like someone is squeezing it as tight as they can with no relief. The Fibro Fog has been getting progressively worse the past few months and I can't concentrate or do most simple activities around the house. I can take very few medications for the pain because I also have problems with my kidneys processing things I put into my body. The kidney issue was due to an allergic reaction to the iodine dye they use for MRIs, but that is a whole different issue.
Does anyone with Fibromyalgia have problems with urination? Very, very frequent urination!!!
I have read it can be a symptom of Fibro, and have been suffering this way before I was diagnosed, but it has got worse....It is one of the big problems of me not being able to sleep at night, and it is driving me insane (along with everything else associated with having Fibro)
Hi, my name is Jude'.  And thank God above somebody finally put a name to my problems.  I was just diagnosed this week, I had heard of fibro before, but never looked into what it was.  I have suffered from the symptoms dating back to the 80's, but every doctor wanted to treat one symptom or another but never put them all together.  I have been accused of being a hypocondriac and addicted to pain pills.  I sleep less than 2 hours at a time and am (as you all understand) in constant pain.  Monday I will see the doctor about treatment options...hopefully she will offer me something better than the basic pain meds I am currently taking because as it is, when I first take them I get jumping, then drowsy, then I sleep an hour, maybe two, then they wear off and I toss and turn until it has been long enough to take another dose.  My husband is just now starting to understand the amount of pain I am in.  My grown children have learned yo recognize my B**tchy face and go home before I turn into one.
I don't know what meds I will take, but I hope they will allow me to be more pleasant to be around!!
My name is Cyndi I am 37 years old & started having problems 4 weeks ago started out as a sinus infection on Monday hubby took me to Urgent Care due to time 7:00 @ night & no ER visit for me prescribed a Z pack for 5 days, by Sunday I could not walk due to falling, had double vision, numbness & tingling on my right side, joint pain in both elbows, could not speak a complete sentence. On Monday I went to my regular Dr he sent me to have a MRI (vertigo & Nystagmus) of Brain without contrast & prescribed antivert. Follow-up on Monday Dr said MRI showed no lesions & that was good cause he said I had all symptoms of MS. During the week before I went for my follow-up I started having memory loss & could not put a word with items when I mentioned this to him he told me I was probably depressed. So by Wednesday I was very upset I am not a depressed person so I called back & told them I wanted a 2nd opinion so I was seen by a NP she did bloodwork (blood work show low RBC & Low Calcium & Low osmolality & a neurology test & told me something was definitely going on & she was gonna get me into a specialist ASAP maybe a month to 3 month wait but I went this past Thursday.

I have not been a sick person basically twice my whole life once in my early 20's I woke up one morning & couldn't move at all my whole body hurt I was tested for rheumatoid arthritis all was negative so took an inflammation med for a month & it went away. The second time I was 29 had 4 cyst removed from ovary got pneumonia afterwards & then started having breathing trouble so was put on round of prednisone started losing my eyesight.so dose was lowered but never regained my full eyesight back.

So the specialist told me Thursday since I have no lesions on my MRI that I have Fibromyalgia & has had it since my early 20's he also said it is causing me to have seizures & that is why my right side is numb & tingly his words my right & left brain sides are sparking against each other. He prescribed me Vimpat for 4 weeks only & tramadol & told me the meds should put me back to normal within the month. No follow-up appt no test or nothing.

I guess my question is this........Are seizures normal with Fibromyalgia I have read some seizure meds are helpful with treatment but is a person really having seizures?
Hi all,

I am a almost 33 year old wife and mom of 3 girls and was diagnosed with FM in 2001.  It's been a long road, with a lot of ups and downs.  I was on another forum, but it got to catty and I left it.  So I am glad I found a new group.

I now also suffer from granulomatous mastitous which really affects my FM.  Can't wait to see what I can learn from others on here.

Fibromommyx3
Hi everyone,

First of all thank you for creating this very effective and well working website.

My name is Urs and I am currently living in Bristol UK.

I have been diagnosed with FMS 7 years ago but had it for most of my adult life. I used to go to the Doctor saying I felt like a truck had hit me, but unfortunately that didn't get me very far until things got so bad that I went to the A&E department of a local hospital. From there I was referred to a Rheumatologist who finally diagnosed Fibromyalgia. I don’t really know if the diagnosis was helpful. Part of me was so relieved to have finally a name to what I was going through, and part of me wanted to scream realising there was no cure for it. I couldn’t imagine living in pain for the rest of my life.
... But, I am still here. My relationship with Doctors is kind of a love hate relationship. Almost all of the symptoms I went to the GP with, have been part of Fibro... My doctor is very understanding, but has only limited resources. I am just waiting for another appointment at the pain clinic to manage my pain, but am finding it all very frustrating. I have been taking Tramadol for a few years; have tried amitriptyline as well as various other anti depressant.
In my experience Fibromyalgia is very much something, which needs to be treated as a whole body and mind thing.  Emotions and stress seem to be a major contributing factor to the pain. I am also finding hormones and chemicals of the brain seem to play a major part and am always interested in finding out more about this.
Beside Fibromyalgia I have also been diagnosed with Depression as well as social anxiety disorder. I guess both of it have straight links to Fibro...
I am hoping by joining this forum to find out more about fibro, making new friends as well as listening and maybe helping others and vice versa... Thank you for taking the time to read this. I am sure through further comments you will find out a lot more about me. Take care.
Hi there,
Not sure if you have read any of my posts. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia last year, and also have IBS and suffer from anxiety.
It is somewhat comforting to hear that someone else is taking Tramadol, as there is so much negativity out there about this drug. So far, I have found nothing else even touches the pain. Even though I still suffer pain taking it, I know I would be alot worse not taking it, as I know how I feel when I am due to take my next tablet.
I have recently started taking Cymbalta ( relatively new anti-depressant), for my anxiety, and I have been told has been helpful with people with Fibro.
So far, I am feeling a little more relaxed and sleeping a bit better, but has done nothing for my pain yet. But I've only been taking it for 1 1/2 weeks, and doctor said they don't fully kick  for a month.
If you have an questions, I will try my best to help you out......
new here... trying hto help my mother... she is the one with fibro among so many other things... today she is freezing again.. shivering so badly... but her skin is warm to touch.  She is not sick.  Not the flu. This is an everyday occurence though some days are worse than others. She is 74.
Hello~Well, my suspicions were confirmed today, I had an Epstein Barr blood draw a few days ago, and it came back super high. It is not mono though as other factors are not present, but, the doctor did say it was the beginning of CFS. I have suspected Fibro or CFS for many months now as I have almost every symptom, from the nagging aches and pains to the sore throat that I have had off and on now for over 3 months; now it is confirmed. I am actually relieved, I know now that I am not going nuts and that all my horrible pains and such are not in my head.
I have not been diagnosed with Fibro or CFS. My doctor did do the 11 point test and ruled it out. I have taken a couple Fibro questionnaires on the web, and scored high on them. I honestly have no clue as to what is going on with me.  Before I even get into that, I do have to say, I have had a very low tolerance to pain, since I was a little girl.

Throughout my life, I have been being treated for depression and anxiety.  Also throughout the years, you don't know how many times I have been to a doctor with something wrong, just to hear them say, " Oh, you have depression and anxiety " as if the illness, or what ever is all in my mind!  So that was the answer to my headaches, along with being treated for IBS, and for the reason for my low tolerance to pain.

Approximately 3 years ago I went to the doctor for severe leg pain, and was diagnosed with sciatica.  An MRI showed 3 compressed discs with the nerve being pinched in one.
After that things seemed to go down hill fast.  I am just going to list what is happening.

1. Sever headache & facial pain, especially when I first wake up. I have to take my lyrica, and either 2 aspirin or if it is so bad, 1 vicodine. Sit there and massage my neck, jaw, cheeks, temples, and meditate for at least 15 minutes before I can even get out of the bed
2. I can't clean my house, just walking to the kitchen from my room, causes pain in my legs, and back. If I am doing dishes, I can wash a few, then have to go sit down for a few minutes, then go back to them. It takes me forever to do anything, and I will end up needing to take vicodine to be able to clean, then again later, because I will be in so much pain because of cleaning.
3. Fatique, I have no energy.  My sleep patterns are all messed up.  Sometimes I can't sleep and will be up all night, other times, I am ready to fall asleep early in the evening.  But even if I go to sleep at a good time, and get a full 8 hours of sleep, ( a new symptom I have been having for the past 2 months ) I find myself nodding off.  Usually this happens when I am doing something quiet.  I have nodded off sitting up in bed watching tv, sitting at the comp doing whatever, even playing games that keep my interest, in the bathtub and folding my laundry.  Some days I nod off 4 or 5 times, lasting any where from a few seconds, to an hour.  I have to go to a sleep center in 2 weeks to see if they can help find out what is going on, Doctor thinks, sleep apnea and Narcolepsy.
4. I get leg and foot cramps.  Plus I feel like someone is inserting an IV needle in the top of my foot or hand. ( IV's are painful to me ) I also get hot spots, usually in my leg.  Where all of a sudden it feels like I had a real hot heating pad put on me.  I will also get a sudden pain in my leg, feels as if a bone snapped in half, but that pain is gone as quick as it came on.  These do not happen all at once.
5. For the last few months I have had problems with my right leg, and both feet swelling. Right now my right leg is twice the size of the other one, and has been that way for over a week.  I asked my doctor what could be causing this, and he said he had no idea. Maybe too much salt. This comes and goes, but this is the longest it has lasted.
6. For a while my left eye kept twitching, that lasted for about a month, then stopped. But occasionally my eyes feel like someone shoves a toothpick in them.  Again, a sudden pain, that ends just as fast.
7. Sometimes I get pains shooting down my leg, from my knee to my foot. Sometimes from my elbow to my fingers.  Along with the pain in my arm, I sometimes feel like it is numb.
8. I have gained about 100 lbs in the last 3 years. I figured it was due to lack of being able to move around pain free ( so of course, I was not as active as I used to be ) and then I thought some of these symptoms were caused by the weight gain.
9. Now I am drooling. I am constantly wiping the corners of my mouth where the drool is coming out. I also have been choking on food a lot lately.  Sometimes I will be chewing, and a little crumb seems to be sucked down my windpipe before I even start to swallow it.

I am sure there are things I am forgetting.  All I know, is I am so tired of feeling this way, and not knowing what is wrong with me. I am tired of having to take this test or that test, and still not getting answers. I am tired of doctors thinking this is all in my head. I honestly don't know where to turn any more.
hi!  i've had what i am assumming is fibromyalgia for about 11 1/2 years.  i've been on the adrenal insufficiency board, but it looks like that problem might be going away for me.  i started out having headaches when i was pregnant with my daughter who will be 12 in sept.  they lasted for about a month and went away--but after she was born, they came back when she was around 3 months old and took up permanent residence.  my neck was also very difficult to get into any comfortable position.  i quite often woke up with headaches, but a darvocet and an excedrine in the morning took care of it and i was good for the rest of the day.  i had had an irritable baldder for almost 10 years before that, and would occassionally wake up feeling like i had been run over by a truck. i also would get occassional days where i felt like i had lead running through my veins.  i didn't have very much drive, either.

i knew my sister had daily headaches i thought that would be so awful to have a headache every day.  one day, when i was talking about my various symptoms that would come and go, she told me that she thought i had fibromyalgia and told me that she had been diagnosed with it---she just had not told anyone in the family.  i remember thinking that if i did have it----i didn't have it nearly as bad as she did.  over time, i gradually started aching in odd and end places, my neck, my heels, my legs, tendonitis in my elbow, etc. i gradually started taking the darvocet for the aching, so the headaches were not as bad because they didn't get a chance to kick in because i had already taken darvocet for the aches.  in december of one year i was up to 100 darvocet in a month.

i had an bonus baby when i was 40.  she ended up being an emergency c-section, the darvocet wasn't enough for me, so they gave me vicodin--and i discovered that one of them wasn't enough--so the doc allowed me to take two.  i have a pretty high pain tolerance and usually would not finish pain killers when they were given to me.  3 weeks after delivery, i went into such a bad flare!  my legs were hurting so bad i was in tears.  the doc had me come in to check things out and he switched me to norco so i wouldn't get to much acetaminophin.  i have never been able to get off of the norco since.  my daughter will be 8 in october.  i have gradually needed more pain medication over time----and can really tell when the air pressure is changing.  hazy skies give me a dull headache that won't go away regardless of what i take.  a storm front moving in will make my arms ache---most of my pain is in my legs and my neck and upper shoulders.  i have had carpal tunnel surgery on both wrists, but a weather change will make them hurt and cramp---just like they did before surgery.  when my knees ache, it is almost unbearable. i think it is just tendonitis, but i have had arthroscopic surgery for arthritis on one knee.    

my bones hurt to press on them, my feet heve been quite painful on the bottoms at times, i have arthritis in my fingers and my feet.  i also am gettin a little bit of neuropathy that comes for a few months and then disappears.

i went to a rheumatologist who told me that if i had fibromyalgia i shouldn't be taking pain killers---but he offered me no other suggestions.  he had a whole bunch of blood work drawn---but i left there in tears and never went back.    i went to a neurologist who didn't even listen to have of my symptoms---i had written them down--he told me that he thought i had restless legs and that he thought i was addicted to pain killers---he didn't even know how many i was taking!!!  i was too intimidated by him to tell him that i knew what restless legs were and that this was not it---besides, you don't get it in your neck and arms i was also mortified that he said i was addicted to pain killers---so i went home and didn't take anything.   i was dying by 11pm and my husband told me i should take something.  the pain had gotten so out of control that i hurt in places that didn't normally hurt and it took me hours to get the pain back under control---plus, i had to take more medication than normal to get it under control.

the pharmacist told me that they knew who the people with drug problems were---and that i wasn't one of them.  my orthoped told me he knew how much i was taking.  i was so mad about that whole experience---so i never went back----he told me that i had a "touch" of fibromyalgia.

i have gotten progressively worse over the years and fatigue has become a big problem for me.  i take vyvanse to keep from falling asleep--but i'm still shot way eaqrlier in the day than i need to be---especially since i still have children at home.   i am alllowed 4 norco and 4 soma a day--which i usually take with 1/2 of a caffeine pill.  i take alot of aspirin and i take baclofen at night and whatever else i can to help me get to sleep.

i did try savella---and i was actually able to cut back just a little on my pain meds--but i can't afford it until we get insurance again.  i am wondering if lyrica might work for me any better than the savella.  cymbalta did nothing for me.

i know i need to improve my diet and get some regular exercise--i'm just not quite sure how to go about doing either one.    i'm realistic enough to realize that this is probably never going to go away---but i do believe i can make it somewhat better---please tell me i'm not fooling myself here.
hello everyone,

i'm possibly newly diagnosed with fibro - i guess i'll know for sure in a few weeks.

anyway i'm basically a pretty healthy 24 year old female, or at least i was until July 2009, when i suddenly came down with a mystery viral-infection in my neck and spine. they never figured out what it was, but from that time until Oct 2010 i had high fevers every 3 weeks like clockwork, problems with my skin and hair, suddenly gained a lot of weight, etc. I thought it could be lymes or a thyroid prob but all tests came back normal and no diagnosis was ever made. On October 29th 2010 the cycle abruptly stopped, and was replaced by severe naseua, vomitting and upper right abdominal pain. after 6 months of "normal" test results, they took out my gallbladder, which hadn't been functioning at all for some reason.

For two blissful weeks in May 2011 I felt good again! Until...

At first I thoguht i just had a UTI bc i had to urinate frequently and had some mild flank pain, but soon i developed severe fatigue, to the point where i was falling asleep in public, and a chronic sore throat. The family doc prescribed some antibiotics, but within in a week i had developed severe pain in my hips, to the point that i could not walk. Soon i was having trouble moving the left side of my body, and was experiencing severe pain in joints throughout my body and muscles tenderness, especially in my arms.

Since the sore throat had persisted, the doc ordered an ultrasound of my neck - they identified two nodules, 0.7 mm and 0.5 mm, on my thryoid. we have to wait 3 months to do a biopsy. TSH levels are all normal. my symptoms were still persisting and even getting worse. lately i've been extremely moody and depressed over it, and so so so tired. the only silver lining is that I've dropped 15 pounds since May (even tho i've been eating more ice cream and chocolate than i have in years) and keep losing more...although if it keeps up i might start to get worried.

i was referred to a rheumatologist, who ordered extensive bloodwork, all came back good. soooo he says let's see if it's fibro. he prescribed savella (apparently it wont interact with my other prescriptions like adderol) and said to call him in a week, and if it is fibro that in two weeks i should start to feel better. that was yesterday.

i don't know much about fibro, so i'm hoping to learn a lot from all of you!
I was diagnosed 3 yrs. ago with Fibromyalgia.I hut for a few year's before that. I went through pure hell trying to find out what was wrong with me.I had to change doctors four times to finally get one who believed I was sick and hurt so bad. Now here I am! I really need some support by people who suffer like me. I'm on lyrica and tarazadone to help me sleep at night.I'm 33 and have two active boys and a very active husband. I try my best to keep up. Sometimes I find it hard to get out of bed sometimes the pain and muscle spasms are so bad. Every day is a struggle. I'm making it and I hope that I can here from anyone on here what meds really help you so I can maybe suggest it to my doctors for the pain.So I can live more of an active life with my family.Thanks
Hi all, i would be most grateful if anyone could help with my queries.  After extensive testing including Brain mri, chest ct, lumber, thoracic and cervical mri and recently emg/ncv which all showed negative results i have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia/conversion/somatization disorder.  My symptoms include unilateral weakness, twitching and cramps.  the weakness started in the lfet leg and now is in left hand and arm.  I also have tremor in left hand and arm. Last night half of my head went numb and left arm all the way to left pinky finger was numb and stiff. This sounds very different form other people who are experiencing fibro.  I would just like some reassurance.  I am terrified it is ALS/MND or another horrible neurological illness.  However have seen a neurologist 3 times and he is convinced every time he carrys out a neurological examination that have no underlying neurological illness.

Any feedback would be most appreciated
Hi I have lived in NJ since I was 10.  I lived in Sussex county, NJ  until last year when I moved to Newark.NJ.  We have been here for 1 year exactly and I have realized this is the worst I have ever felt.

I had severe neck pain in 2007-2008 I had gone for a mri on my neck.  I was dying, I have lived w chronic pain since I ruptured my first disk at 20.  I have had sciatica since I was 14.  I was tested for arthritis when I was young, and it came back negative.  I had had horrible menstrual issues, including fibroids and surgery and ablation(s)..

Then at the worst when I thought the neck pain was going to kill me, I had a seizure grand mal on easter 2008.  I was rushed to the hospital and diagnosed with a meningioma (tumor of the lining of the brain)  basically it just grows and grows smashing your brain and killing it by cutting off blood, i think  So after I have a crainiotmy(SP), they removed a tennis ball sized tumor,  and sent me home to deal with right side nerve damage, memory loss its somethinger other amnesia where chunks of time are just gone, and I start to feel better and bam...I have seizures, so now I have seizure disorder and epilepsy, along w all my ruptured disks, sciatica, female issues, with the excessive estrogen I make, it caused the tumor to grow rapidly  as my female issues worsened (estrogen can cause the type of tumor to grow.  Now I am right handed, but my left frontal lobe is partly dead.

I have had to learn to adapt, its like my gate, self control, mouth police portion of my brain is gone,  so now I have to really focus to think all the time, and then I would have days I couldn't focus I was fuggy...kept going back to my gp and complaining about my neck and shoulders, which have hurt my whole life, but they thought it would get better when they removed my tumor.  

MY Neuro for my seizures thinks I have nerve damage in my whole body, and I suffer from migraines, headaches whatever constantly since the brain surgery..it just varies as to intensity from dim background noise to i will kill anyone who talks to me our touches me, and i am nasty..and those are the days I hurt the  most.

My gp dignosed me with fibro..one day he was just looking at me and thinking, ( I have been going to him since I was 17 and I am now 42)  and it was light a light turned on in his head and he said you have fibromialgia...this  was after the third Lymes disease test I had..and he pulled out a book and showed me step b step why I had it, and it explained everything.

I truly believe I may have had fibro my whole life but the brain trauma brought it on full force.  So now I am stuck in Newark and haven't been able to function at all, and boy is my fiancee frustrated, he just wants to fix me help me and what can I say??  I am very lucky to have him.  Because he not only has to deal with my moods, pain level etc..stress triggers grand mal seizures, so he had to constantly be aware of how I am feeling.  I am feeling I cannot take this pain anymore, and I want to be able to go for a walk!

Thanks, Shawna
Shawna
My name is Alex and I've had FM for about 4 years.It started in January 2006, when I couldn't lift a tray of 6 coffees at church! It was 2 weeks before I went to the Dr's because I thought it would pass, and he put me on Ibruvin which didn't do anything so after a month I went back and he prescribed Diclofanic which didn't seem to do anything either then August that year I collapsed at home and went to the hospital with a friend and her husband (who carried me downstairs as I couldn't put any weight on my left leg!) Not long after that the energy loss kicked in and I spent a month mostly in bed only to get up to go to the loo or make a cup of tea! Christmas that year was pretty miserable for me as I kept returning to the Dr's with no joy and support to where my strength and energy went.It came to a head a week or so after Christmas when I couldn't take any-more, I demanded in my broken speech -as I was so breathless, that I was not leaving the surgery until I saw a specialist as this was driving me mad! And there and then he went on his PC and got me an appointment for a few days time! This time I went with another good friend to the hospital-and the Dr there diagnosed me with FM. When I started crying, the Dr was worried she upset me which I replied "Oh, no, I'm just relieved to have a name to this thing as I thought I was going mad! I was on Tramodol for the first 18 months but couldn't get on with them as I felt I was on auto-pilot 24 7and was extreaminly tired all the time.I stopped taking them because I thought you can't monitor a condition with the side affects being like one of the symptoms. I feel better now but everything takes twice as long and I have to pace myself and I'm fortunate enough to have great friends because they have seen me go downhill and found a good local FM support group-It's great and friendly and everyone is in the same boat, not in competition but with support, tips and advice. So remember if your having a crap time of it, there is a light at the end of the tunnel!
Alex from Kent
Hi, I am MP Rao, 60 from India, in Homoeo service since 1987.Those who need any medical check up for all of their illness may mail me to : mp_rao999***@****. I am confident that I can give better and healthy life for those who approach me.
Hello everyone,
This is the first time I have used an on line forum for support so I should like to thank you all in advance if you find you can help me out, whether you have had the same or similar symptoms or know someone who has experienced them.  I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis ten years ago and then with Fibromyalgia, followed by Sleep Apnea. You will realise by now that pain is not a stranger to me, but now I find I am really struggling with it.It takes all of my energy to stay awake and being alert is a thing of the past. I am on several medications for the RA and for the Fibromyalgia as well as using a C PAP machine for the Sleep Apnea.  This past week I have been plagued by pain in my left shoulder blade, which travels up to the base of my head and at times it seems to radiate through my left arm to my wrist. It is really disabling and stupidly I have not contacted my Rheumatology department, thinking the pain would abate-but now of course they are not contactable for several days because of the holidays ( I live in Scotland so it will be Wednesday at least before they return to work). Is there anyone from the forum who can help? I would be so grateful. Thank you.
Hi, my name is Tammy. I have Fibro and have for about ten yrs im 43 now. My mom had fibro for 30 yrs and up until she died she used to rock back and forth and pray for relief. I finally got tired of the pain and went to a Pain Management Specialist. I found out I also have Degenrative Disc Disease and Occipital Neuralgia. I found that the pain meds do not really help the fibro but they put me on a muscle relaxer called Xaniflex that really helps the fibro. I also get nerve blocks that help the pain tremediously. I would suggest a Pain Management Specialist to anyone who suffers. Mine has been a God sent and at least I'm not so depressed now and have part of my life back.
I am 32 and was healthy then in November all went crazy. IM STILL CONFUSED ON WHY AND HOW THIS HAPPENED,.
Hi everyone
I think I have cfs/fibro. I was originally diagnosed with low corsitol levels (very low) and put on steroids. I'm also low in growth hormone (which I isn't literally growth) it's an energy type of hormone. I'm intolerant to bright lights, heat, constantly tired, can sleep on and off for up to 16 hours a day. Sleep is disturbed. Am in pain with neck, back, knees, elbows, hands, have balance issues, ibs, migraines. The lower back pain is terrible. It's hard to bend and shower my hair on my own, so it's easier to do in the bath. I have numbness in my left hand, and even having a bath can be exhausting. I could go on and on but I won't. I'm being referred to a rheumatologist, to see what they think, am already under an endocrinist. I have a son aged 14 who has Asperger's syndrome and doesn't understand why I'm so ill and need to sleep so much. I take Tramodol for pain, but still find co- proxomol better. My sister is lucky to still get these on script. I take sleepers and anti-depressants, but haven't heard of a lot of the meds mentioned on here....I'm being screened for Lupus at the mo, but if that comes back ok, then it will seem to be cfs/fibro........I feel for you all and am in the Uk. I'd like to get to know some ppl that understand
Hello everyone
I feel very helpless reading those that have been affected w/ fibromyalgia .
I have been diagnosed in Dec 2012.I have taken it upon myself to be my own advocate of my health.in my youth I had a lot of colds, neck spasms, balance issues and memory/ learning problems
After having albalation for my endo, I starting feeling fatigue and had libido problems.The last 3 years I began running out of energy and was having painful heavy legs.
This January I caught a cold and was stressed over Xmas.I went to work and knew it wasn't good.I couldn't feel my legs and was in a brain fog.i couldn't get off the couch for 3 months and don't remember much of Jan-mar.I have memory Loss ,can't spell well,can't problem solve,don't rember to much spoken to me.I also have TMJ,raynauds syndrome,lazy colon and had multiple bladder infections,painful neck spasms, headaches depression and numbness in finger/ legs.Weakness in my limbs,back pain ,lesion on my back,cyst on my liver , tremors .I have been given steroids taramadol ,pain killers baclofen ,flexeril , Valium etc. I do 15 mins of yoga 2x a week, take MSM,vit b , vit d, omega 3, calcuim w/ magnesium as well as a fibro spray fr Nutters.
I don't want to take gabetin or any else that I feel isn't appropriate for me.I haven't worked since January my pain has improved greatly. I do a lot of research and find what's right for me.I have had physio, laser, massage and recently Botox in front of my ear for pain from TMJ.
At night I take marijuana for pain / sleep etc. I walk when I have the energy.
I'm 32 yr old female and I was diagnosed with FM 5 years ago and my life has never been the same. I don't feel like this is my body anymore that used to love to work out and be active now I feel like I live in a painful prison. I'm in pain everyday all day my flare ups have me on the floor or the couch not moving. I get swelling in my hands and feet, sharp shooting pains like a knife, dull achy pains, sometimes I can't walk or hold a pencil even if my dogs sits on my lap it hurts. I spend a lot of time alone and in pain I can't work. I used to be a hairstylist but I couldn't hold up a blow dryer anymore or stand on my feet that long. Just a hug can be unbearable at times. My arms, legs, feet, back, neck, shoulders, fingers fingertips and toes all have pain. The dull achy hurts but the sharp shooting voodoo pains make me yell out in pain. I mainly get those pains in my hands my palms and it shoots up to my ring fingers and I get them in my ankles too. I have gerd, epilepsy, I'm extremely sensitive to everything (smells, lights,sound,medications) started having jaw problems as well and lately my right ankle has been giving me a real problem it's so weak and hard to put pressure on it or walk on it I can't even be barefoot. Just doing some cleaning and food shopping feels like I was at boot camp for 3 days. This disease is a very lonely one know one understands and look at you like your full of it. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.
Just here looking for possible answers at this point.  No dx as of yet.
I'm just now reading your post. I would love to have a copy of the letter you have.
I hope you still read this as I do not know how to reach you.

Hope you're doing well.

Liz

I have EXTREME Skin Sensitivity ALL OVER- (Nearly always at Night-)

It's like having a fever all the time.  My skin tingles, burns, itches and I can feel the minutest particle in bed! (I hardly get any sleep now which aggravates my Hypothyroidism and Fibromyalgia.)

It's driving me crazy!!

Have any of  you found any more info and / or relief?

I Sympathize with fellow sufferers and would appreciate ANY help you can offer!  (I'm near Houston, TX if you know a really good Doctor-)
Hi my name is Jen. I have been diagnosed with fibro for about 30 years. Ever since it was a made up diagnosis. I have tried just about everything. Antiseizure meds. like neurontin, antidepressants like elavil, I've had injections in my spine, I've had acupuncture, which does help by the way, and I've swam thru the natural herbs and vitamins. I've spent months in bed feeling scared and sorry for myself. Oh, and the money I've wasted is sad. I found a doctor that agreed to put me in her pain management program which really amounted to a once a month mandatory appointment to get MS Contin and have regular drug testing done. I was in this program for almost 10 years. I started taking MS Contin at about 50mg twice a day, I think. It's been a while. It worked great. In fact, the medication causes constipation which worked well for me because I have spastic colon..I followed the rules for a long time, but I got tired of going to the doctors every month. I had to follow all the rules, regular checkups, mammograms, colonoscopy, ect. If I didn't I would not get my meds., so I started getting tired of it. Since I felt pretty good I started to get a little cocky and decided it was time to get out from under their thumb. I talked to my doctor, whom I'm very fond of, and decided to lower my dose. I eventually went down to 10mg., once a day. It still worked pretty good. I was kinda hoping that my body had just unlearned all the pain. She cautioned me. She remembered the old whiney me. Anyway, over my Christmas vacation I weaned myself completely off the morphine. It wasn't too hard. Maybe because it was such a low dose. The plan was to start on cymbalta after, which I did. There were a lot of side effects, terrible gastro issues. Terrible! I work full time with the public, that was hard. I stuck with it and at about 4 months, the side effects somewhat lessened. I started taking probiotics and it really helped. But I never liked how my head was. I was always in a fog, always forgetting. Just a space cadet, I'm prone to that anyway, I didn't need that and eventually after almost a year I decided I had to get off of it. That was harder to get off than the morphine! All of the side effects x3! It took well over a month!
I am off everything now and the pain is back with a vengeance. I was very lucky to have the 10 years of relief. The one thing I am comforted with is that I'm pretty sure I'm not dying, and I also know it's not just in my head. I'm sorry that there are so many people abusing narcotics because MS Contin at a low dose, time released is the most effective relief I've had. It made my life possible.
I work at a physically demanding job on purpose so that I will get up and get going. I also work with the public to keep myself from isolation. Something that a person wants when they feel sorry for themselves like I did. I see there has been progress in research and I'm hoping that there will be a cure for this horrible disorder. It's a terrible curse and I hope they will finally tell us what it really is! In the meantime I'm hoping to find some relief that won't require me being judged constantly. I'm going to look into Chinese herbs and keep reminding myself that I'm not dying.
Hello everyone.  I have a brother who is retired and suffering fibromyalgia that is making his life miserable.  He does not drive and does not have a computer, but I had the idea to join an online community and, as his surrogate, find out about possible treatments.  We would like to find a good doctor in the Fresno area. So far the general doctors have prescribed pain killers and MORE pain killers.  He is in a fog most of the time.  I am so worried about him.  Thank you for any ideas you have for 1) getting me up to speed quickly on this condition, and 2) finding a doctor who has been successful with treatments.
Carol
Hi everyone.  I'm a 42 yo woman and single mother of 2 teens.  I have PTSD and major depression from years of childhood abuse and neglectful parenting. I am currently on antidepressants and go to therapy which have saved me.  

Although I am now a successful career woman and have control over my life, overall my life has been a very stressful one.  It is the constant stress over years and years that I believe triggered Chron's Disease at age 33 (no sx prior to then), then last year neuropathy followed some months later by fibromyalgia.

Over the past 3 years my ability to exercise steadily decreased.  I can go to yoga and walk but that's about it.  I used to run 10K trail runs before all this started.  I experience episodic musculoskeletal aching pain.  Sometimes a burning sensation from my lower back down to my mid thigh.  Headaches have started recently.

I am interested in ways to homeopathic/natural ways manage fibro pain. I don't want to take a bunch of pills everyday.  So far, yoga helps even though I have to push through it.  The breathing and blood flow helps at lot.  Sleep also helps so I sleep a little more than I used to.  

Glad to be here and look forward to your posts.

Abby
Hi, I'm Julie, and I'm new to MedHelp, and new to this Forum. I've just recently been diagnosed with Fibro and am still just taking it all in. For years I've had a number of symptoms that I had no idea were related under this one umbrella.....migraines, fatigue, occasional forgetfulness, all over body aches-like I had a constant beginning of the flu, low grade fevers with no explanation, IBS, back problems, knee problems.... OMG, I thought my body was just out of control, that I was aging at an unusually rapid rate, or something crazy. Several doctors treated me for each isolated problem, but no one put the puzzle together for me until my Kaiser primary doctor finally looked at my history, and listened to my constant complaint of the fatigue and body aches, and he referred me to a rheumatologist. After a slew of lab tests, thorough exams, neuro and cardio exams... I was finally diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.
    As the doctor asked me all of the questions about symptoms (things I had never even thought of) it all started to come together, and I thought "OMG, she finally gets it!" She knew exactly what I had been feeling and suffering through all of this time! She has referred me for acupuncture, that I'm in the process of getting scheduled. I just joined a gym so that I can get into a low-impact exercise and stretching routine, and our entire family has decided to take this as an opportunity to clean out our pantry and fridge, and opt for healthy options. I will not let this define me or label me. The diagnosis for me, was just a confirmation that what I was feeling was real! And now, I can move forward and learn what to do about them!
     Its not a walk in the park. I'm in pain every day. Getting out of bed is a struggle. My body aches, I'm tired, I'm nauseous from the pain and the fatigue...my knees hurt...my back is screaming. I get needles and knives through my legs and feet, and my IBS flares up almost daily. I have to try to take my morning shower, get myself together, and go to work when I'm scheduled, keeping my secret...I've only shared with a few co-workers that I'm close to. Not ready to give in yet, I push myself to keep going, afraid if I give in, it will overtake me.
      I thank God each and every day that He wakes me up, that He stands by me and gets me thru my day. I pray for His strength to keep me going, and His comfort when the pain meds give out halfway through my shift. My faith keeps me going, my love for myself, and my love for my family and wanting to show my kids to keep fighting no matter what. NEGU - Never Ever Give Up!
I am a 40 yr. oldd mom of 2 who has recently been diagnosed with several "diseases or issues" I have depression, anxiety, chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, bursitis in my left hip(only)  a herniated disc (l5s1), joint pain with a knee replacement @ 30! Youngest one my doctor ever did without injury he said. I'm on a lot of meditation of course, go to physical therapy and the chiropractor. I still suffer...... Minot sure if this could be the right symptoms for here or not. Even with being diagnosed isn't there anything we can do? Oh, and the  long term use of prednisone and Lyrica made me gain weight! Anyone think this may all be connected? I can't remember anything with out writing it down or setting an alarm...which is why I started this to begin with........
Hi everyone. I'm a 39 year old female with Fibromyalgia, migraines and other super-fun, unrelated pain-causing stuff. ;)

I don't usually do forums. I tend to like real-time chat better, but it was suggested to me that I join some support forums for chronic pain... so here I am. Nice to meet you all.
Hi to you all, I'm 49 and recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia.Also have serious constant anxiety and occasionally depressions. What I can share here I had responed to cymbalta very well but insomnia is in my case absolutely unbearable and poor sleep triggers many unpleasant symptoms.Cymbalta has a very bad impact on weight gaining which also in my case is not good.For fibromyalgia pain amitriptiline was really good(less effective than cymbalta).
Because of weight gain enormously caused by cymbalta so that it stayed even with amitriptiline(before cymbalta wasnt affecting weight much), I've been prescribed wenlafaxine for anxiety and associated depression.
My fibro pain has stabilized and is bearable and I guess I got to use to it as it is something I can name..I guess it helps a lot as well.
Hopefully pain will not build up that much anymore then..
That's nice not to be alone with symptoms though:)kidding, wish to everyone feel better.
Hi my name is Sharon , I also have fibro dx about 15yrs ago probably had 20yrs. Now all the joints I complained about years ago have arthritis, neck spine and hips. I have tried many meds and still in constant pain.I work full time which is hard don't let this disease destroy your life , stay positive go to pain management if your doctor isn't helping enough. Get a 2nd option or a 3rd. Best advice I can give is stay active it helps
Hello my name is Melissa. I was 20 when diagnosed with fibromyalgia and I started having symptoms at 16. Now at 26 I'm reaching out to others trying to find any drug free or natural ways that have successfully treated thier symptoms. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I have fibromyalgia, neuropathy, arthritis in every joint, enlarged liver and spleen, multi nodule goiter, lobulated uterus, migraine headaches, diabetes, my body will not store vita D, magnesium or calcium. I could go on butif that is not bad enough,  I am now losing my teeth. Not from cavities,  they are just breaking off at or below gum line. This started about 4 months ago. I had to go to an oral surgeon because my dentist said he couldn't help me. The infection was all the way into my sinuses. Anyway, I have lost 2 in 2 days. I woke up this morning and realized thatI had something in my mouth. It broke off in my sleep! I don't have gum disease, they are just snapping off. I lost 1 just brushing my teeth! I have 8 teeth and my mouth is mostly roots below the gum line. I am ashamed to go anywhere and when I do , I don't talk or smile. I can barely eat because I don't have any teeth that match up. Mostly I eat soup but I have not lost any weight because I have a slow emptying stomach. I eat once in about 24-36 hours. I am going to start next week getting tested for autoimmune disorders. All of this has happened to me in the last 5-6 years.
I am trying to find something for the pain. I have tried all of the medicine that is suppose to treat fibromyalgia, but I had to stop taking them due to not being able to breathe. Can anyone give me some advise on what medicines to try to help with the pain. I am desperate and hurt all the time!!!!