Fibromyalgia Community

Anybody try Lyrica and Ralivia for FMS/CFS?

I have tried Lyrica with no change in symptoms started taking Ralivia (Tramadol) last winter found that it was helpful for pain but when I went to stop taking this went through huge withdrawal symptoms was horrible.  Am currently taking T#3/Advil for pain sometimes Percocet for really  bad days. I do not want to take these analgisics as they are also highly addictive. Anyone know of any other meds without narcotic that have been helpful for treatment of symptoms? . Currently having sever flare-up...
I tried Lyrica for about six weeks back in October of 2007.  I didn't see any positive changes while on it, but found that I was unable to focus my eyes on any steady target, esp. when walking.  I would run into to everything and lose my balance as well.
There are other meds available.  Neurontin works for some, also Cymbalta.  Lidocane patches are useful as well.  If you are looking for alternative treatments there is some information in our Health Pages (on the upper right hand side of this page) that may be effective.

I wish you the best and feel better soon.
Thanks for the response I wil ask my PMP next time I see him if these meds are available in Canada yet.  Does anyone know what has been safe to use during pregnancy? We have been trying to conceive our second and are afraid that this might make symptoms worse.  Does anyone know?
I would start a new thread "Pregnancy and Fibromyalgia". This way it will be more visible than down under this subject. You'll get many responses that way

If Baclofen is available in Canada ask your Dr. about it.
I just started taking baclofen as well.  It is considered a generic drug, I take 180 a month, and it only costs $10.
I was not able to take Lyrica either.  One rhematologist said that he thought it was over-rated and that you had to take such high doses to even see any results.  Most people are not able to tolerate these high doses.

Another thing to try is the generic of Musinex.  Don't know if you could take it during pregnancy.  But you could research more info.  Just google Gufinisen used with fibromyalgia.  There is a doctor Armond (sp?) that has come up with this treatment.  It has helped some.  I didn't go on the illimination diet though.  I take so many herbs for other things and leaves are something that is illiminated.

Praying for you.
Oh, p.s.  Don't know if you are trying to do the excercises recommended, but they really do help with the muscle tightness.  Just don't overdo.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.