Fibromyalgia Community
3.74k Members
550746 tn?1250126769

Bad case of Fibromyalgia?

My name is Jordyn and I'm 16 years old. For the past 6 months or so I've been having terrible back pain in both my upper and lower back. And most days it feels like i have bruises everywhere but there's no bruises anywhere. And it feels like the bruiuses should be black/blue/purple in color! Its's horrible! Could this be signs of a bad case of Fibromyalgia?  Some days it's dull and i can get stuff done but other days it's terrible to the point where it hurts to even sit down. Like i keep having to move positions every couple of minutes. Most of the pain is either in my lower back or or between my shoulders. My friends have tried to help by giving me massages and I've even gone to spas to get a massage by a professional but neither of those have worked. Sometimes my back pain is so severe that I also get migranes and/or terrible headache that i can feel with every step i take! I NEED help! Please! I'm about to start school and I don't want to lag around! Please PLEASE help me!!
2 Responses
Avatar universal
No one on here is going to be able to tell you if this is Fibro; only a doctor, after doing the pressure point checks, would be able to diagnose you. You need to have pain in 11 of the 18 pressure points in order to have the diagnoses of Fibro. See your doctor. Normally a Rheumatologist would be a doctor to diagnose this, just to let you know; it falls under their specialty.  
Avatar universal
I'm sorry to hear your in such pain and I know how you feel. I have been told I have fibromyalgia. I have back, shoulder and many other areas which cause pain but I agree with the other person grendslori who said to see a doctor. I have had these pains for many years and it is only recently it has been diagnosed. Don't put things off or struggle it may be something else that could be helped quickly with the correct help like trapped nerves as an example.
There are also other symptoms to fibromyalgia like fatigue and fibro fog (forgetfulness). So you need to be checked by your Doctor. Good luck,
Wishing you well.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.