Fibromyalgia Community

Body temperature increase,flushing and sweating

I am experiencing waves of warm flashes that seem to originate with my trunk area the spreads to my neck, head and scalp. I then start sweating profusly from my scalp under my eyes aroung my lips and forehead. I have to wear very light clothes and I walk around all winter with shorts and a tank top trying to stay cool.
Do you have any suggestions or remedies that my control or stop this?
You could be experiencing the hot flashes that can sometimes come with the onset of peri-menopause.

I would suggest a visit to your gynecologist for an exam and blood work to test your hormone levels - if your levels are off (which could/would cause these symptoms), they may be able to provide you with some hormone replacements to help with the symptoms.
My hot flashes start from my chest up. How old are you? Perhaps you are in perimenopause?
Are you on Savella?  Those are classic side effects of the med.
Yeah, I get hot flashes, but I don't necessarily break out in sweats every time.  However, along with my FMS, I have the chronic migraine disorder.  I learned that this is often part of a migraine aura, although with me it isn't always part of the aura.  But, I believe I'm in the early phases of perimenopause, as I am in my early 40's.  I am NOT using Savella myself.  The thyroid TSH tests normal, so protocol won't allow the other two thyroid tests.  I don't think any of the meds I take would cause this to happen.  I just read that the calcium channel blocker I take as a migraine preventative should actually help to PREVENT hot flashes.
my doctor discovered a thyroid problem after i reported similar temperature fluctuations.
i would just be overheating without exertion; waking up SWEATING when not menopausal...; many other sypmtoms like eating lots all day...
good luck
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.