Fibromyalgia Community

Chest Pain and Fibromyalgia

Does anyone have periodic chest pain with their fibromyalgia?  I get it on the left side, higher than the heart, almost like a rib pain or something.  I wondered if anyone else has this?
This is often Costochronditis or inflammation of the cartilage that attaches your ribs at your sternum. You can have arthritis inflammation in the joint just as you would any other joint in the body.
Yes I get this.  I have found relief with myofascial release treatments from my massage therapist.  I have also found that self breast massage (my massage therapist taught me to do this and it also helps to clear your lymphatic system) can help to loosen things.
Costochondritis is an inflammation of the junctions where the upper ribs join with the cartilage that holds them to the breastbone or sternum. I have heard many fibromyalgia sufferers complain about this. Some people find relief with Ibuprofen like Aleve, or Advil. I personally have this and it flares up from time to time. I'll take something like Aleve and rest if possible. You can google the condition on line and see if this is what you have. If someone even just bumps my ribs I want to slug them because they are always so tender. Good Luck
I have recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I am currently on Cymbalta 30..although it bothers my stomach I am going to try and stick it out to see if it helps. Does anyone with fibromyalgia have chest pressure and hurt up their back on both side of the spine?
Their must be a lot of Lucy's on here if you had to go way up to 2340.
  A little humor.
   I'm glad you asked the question about chest pain. I get chest pain so extreme that the doctors thought I was having a heart attack. Thankfully no
but they put me through hell to find out. I never want to go through all that again. I never thought of Fibro. being the cause.
   Have you heard anything more about it?
I wish you well and hope you're feeling bette, Deborah
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.
A deeper look into the relationship between salt and hypertension.